Swapping a car. - Galant
Does anybody know if there would be any dealers out there who would do a straight swap on s car?? I own a Mitsubishi Galant 2.5V6 24v Auto Estate. I need something more fuel friendly! I have no money to buy another car. I do a 50 mile round trip to work and back daily in a car that does an average of 28mpg!!
It's taxed till July and mot'd till end July.
I've tried all the car swapping websites and gumtree, but had no interest!!
Any help appreciated.
Thanks.
Swapping a car. - Alby Back
Why not send it to auction. You'll get whatever it fetches within a few days and have cash to buy whatever suits you. Have a look at "suresell" on t'interweb. Really easy. I sold a car through them last year. Painless.
Swapping a car. - maz64
Does anybody know if there would be any dealers out there who would do a
straight swap on s car??

I would have thought they would, as long as you want to swap it for a cheap enough car.

I once swapped an N reg Mondeo 2.5 V6 for an L reg Cavalier 2.0GLS plus £1k (IIRC) at a Citroen dealer for similar reasons as yourself ie. running costs. Seemed like a good idea at the time... :-)
Swapping a car. - perro
If you lined up a car you wanted to buy, you could see how much webuyanycar would offer you for your car and purchase another car the same day.
I did a straight swop on a nice VW Golf for an even nicer Cavalier GLE with a dealer once - and no money changed hands, both cars were mint though.
Swapping a car. - boxsterboy
Doing a swap at a dealer will mean getting a lower value/inferior car - the dealer is not a charity, after all. And gas guzzlers like your V6 Galant are well out of favour compared to more economical cars. Best bet is to try and sell privately (or auction as suggested) and then buy something quick.