04 2.0TDCi turbo electronic actuator problem - cam-asa
hi there.....i have an mondeo 2.0 tdci 115 bhp 54 reg....
...and my problem is the turbocharger with electronic actuator....the ELECTRONIC ACTUATOR IS FAULTY!!....
....can i change just the electronic actuator on my turbo...it will work???....
....do you know where i can find an electronic actuator(black box)..???
any help welcome!!!

Thanks
Claudio

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 16/01/2010 at 13:55

turbo ELECTRONIC ACTUATOR problem - corax
I think you need to speak to Workshop Tech about this. I seem to remember that it cropped up in another thread.

He'll be floating around somewhere :-)
turbo ELECTRONIC ACTUATOR problem - WorkshopTech
Yes, relatively common problem. Not very clever design.
Ford say you cannot swap just the actuator and must swap the whole turbo unit (expensive). We have successfully swapped actuators alone, although I wouldnt guarantee it to work every time. Hunt around for a blown turbo with working actuator (look on ebay etc) or even for a s/hand turbo. I believe there is a seller on ebay who 'rebuilds' these by swapping working actuators on to the turbos, never used him though.
04 2.0 electronic actuator turbo faulty - cam-asa
does anyone know if on a turbocharger (mondeo 2.0 tdci 115 bhp 54 reg)...with electronic actuator faulty....can i replace just the actuator???....on my old turbo??? will it work???
04 2.0 electronic actuator turbo faulty - cheddar
I think it has been done though the recommendation is to change the turbo, you might be able to get an exchange unit.

04 2.0 electronic actuator turbo faulty - Simon Callis
Hi,

Just wanted to post my experience because the information I have read to date has helped me tremendously and avoided a £2,000 bill at the garage!

I have had rough idling issues with the car (Ford Mondeo TDCi 2.0 130 Ghia 05 plate, done about 104k miles). Garage identified injector fault. Bought used injectors from ebay, garage fitted them all in for about £400.

Second issue was car entering limp mode over 2000 revs, which could be resolved temporarily by turning engine on and off whilst doing over 50mph or so (not recommended!). Garage advised fault code P2263 which points to a duff turbo and a £2k, 3 day turnaround. However, I cleaned out the EGR valve ? no improvement. Then I removed the electronic actuator (not recommended by ford to separate actuator and turbo ? precision set up?!) and also checked that the turbo was free spinning by taking off the intake pipe. Also I presumed no variable vane turbo issues because this has a separate engine management fault code P139A a faulty turbo actuator reading code.

Just before going on holiday for a week I bidded on ebay for a no guarantee actuator but lost it, so lashed out £350 on a recon turbo/manifold and actuator. On return, 10 minutes and a swapout for the electronic actuator only and problem resolved. I did have another engine fault light on but reset the ECU by removing power for 20 minutes (took off main car battery positive lead).

I hope this helps someone in a similar situation. I will now call the recon people and see if they want their turbo and actuator back!