05 1.8 Problem with my lights - amcb
Now when I start my 1series BMW and the lights are set not to be on, the dipps do come on, then when I switch the setting to side lights the dipped lights still stay on and both my front and back fog lights continualy flash on and off, and then when I turn the switch to the dipped lights the lights go off.
The indicators do not stay on either.

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 16/01/2010 at 01:36

05 1.8 Problem with my lights - CraigP
I checked the wiring diagram, and the only component that's common to both the hazards and the dipped beams is a thing called the "FRM footwell module".

Here's the part on realoem.com --> www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=UF32&mospid...5

Here's a guy who had his short out, and the symptoms he experienced -->

www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6489127

My version of TIS doesn't have the document referred to (there's sod all info in the wiring diagram -- there's not even a wiring diagram!!!), it's Service Info doc 61 04 04 094 in case anyone else has access to webTIS or a newer CD TIS and can get you a copy of the document.

I'd remove the module, see if i could get inside it and look for obvious damage. I'd then try and work out if it was repairable by me. If not i might try a company like BBA Reman (google them).

Failing that, sounds like dealer would be only option left to me unfortunately.