04 1.9 uprated heater loom-confusion? - ssray
our heater stopped working, so i removed the top ot the dash squeezed my hand in and wiggled the plug till it worked, then it stopped.

I ordered the uprated wiring loom, it arrived one plug-all the same colours and some heatshrink connectors?

as its been flipping cold i havent wanted to freeze and have another look, The question is, is it quite obovious when i get too it? is the new plug the heater end or not? anything else i should know?
Ta

Ray
04 1.9 uprated heater loom-confusion? - elekie&a/c doctor
Unfortunately being a Renault it is not totally obvious.The new wiring plug needs to be connected pin for pin against the old plug because the colours will not match.Also some of the new wires double up on the resistor.You will need a new resistor to go with the modified wiring loom.The resistor and wiring is up behind the dash,drive side,up high to the right of the instrument pod.However the 2 wires that run to the motor(red and black)travel along the back of the dash to the motor located behind the glove box.I would either cut and join onto original wiring or struggle with the glove box and all the dash fittings.hth
04 1.9 uprated heater loom-confusion? - Warrior1968

Hi

I have a similar problem, sorry this is added on a old post, I have ordered a new resistor and upgraded loom, the wires i can match on the plug, where would the 6th wire go to?, these things are as clear as mud! lol

Many thanks