Millennium tyres - GT
I need to replace the Michelin Primacy's on my C4 Grand Picasso. A quick look around shows these are in the range £170-200. I spotted the Millennium Asymetric at under £100 and looking at the forum history, a question was raised a few months ago about how good these tyres are .... but no answers....so thought I'd re-ask the question.
Millennium tyres - oldtoffee
Don't know what size you need but 215/55/R16 Primacy's are £113 from Camskill - you'll need to pay someone to fit them say £30 making them about £20 more than the Milleniums. Or Bridgestone Turanzas are under £100.

Some customer reviews here - tinyurl.com/ydr39po

Millennium tyres - GT
I've got the optional 17" Roskilde's, so I'm looking for 215/50WR17. The Michelin Primacy is coming out at £163 inc.VAT at Camskill, a pair will be £332 including shipping. Then I'd need to get them fitted (c. £10 per wheel) and what about re-programming the pressure sensors - can a normal tyre shop do that or would I need to get Citroen to do it - and how much would that cost by itself (I think I've seen £30 a wheel quoted on a Citroen forum). So all up all in, I'm maybe looking at over £400!
Millennium tyres - GT
Forgot to mention Load Index 95
Millennium tyres - gordonbennet
Mytyres have got Yokohama C drive in your size and load at £118.50 each inc del.
Millennium tyres - Brian Tryzers
Forgive me if this sounds preachy, but did you not consider before ordering the larger wheels whether you were prepared to keep them adequately tyred?

Different sizes and everything, I know, but I had two Primacy HP 205/55 R16 91W fitted last week by my local independent for about £97 each. The HPs they replaced had spent 25,000 miles on the front wheels after being on the rear wheels for 16,000. They had about 2.5mm of tread remaining.
Those 16,000 miles were the typical life of the Pirelli P6000s the car came with new, and which I went on using for a couple of changes (the car is seven years old and has covered 102,000 miles, so it's been through a few tyres) because they were cheaper to buy than Michelins. As it turned out, that was a false economy: the HPs cost 30% more than P6000s, but last 50% longer - as well as making the car quieter, easier to steer and maybe even a little more fuel-efficient. In other words, I think the HP is excellent value for money.

No idea about the durability of the Millennium tyres but I'd want nothing less than a personal recommendation from someone I trusted before replacing a safety-critical item with a brand I'd never heard of. Presumably you have a seven-seater for carrying people rather than furniture; wouldn't you feel happier knowing you chose your tyres for their quality rather than their price?

Again, not meaning to preach, but I think this stuff is important.
}:---)
Millennium tyres - gmac
Load Index 95

>>
That's why the price you are being quoted is so high combined with the W speed rating.
Due of the odd tyre size, you are being forced to buy higher spec tyres than you really need.
Standard load index for this car is 93, standard speed rating is V.

It looks like this tyre size is only available in 91 or 95.

I would look at fitting either 205 or 225 tyres with 93 load index and drop to V.

Citroen do not offer 17" wheels on these cars now, they are 225/45 x 18 which are available at the standard load index.

I'd be interested in hearing what anyone has switched to as our car will need new tyres later this year. The factory fit tyres don't give very good front end grip in the damp.

Edited by gmac on 11/01/2010 at 14:42

Millennium tyres - cheddar
Try Falken, top brand tyres just not so well know in the UK, ask your tyre centre.
Millennium tyres - Auristocrat
Made by Cooper Tyres who also own Avon. Had a couple fitted to my Corolla back in June - due to punctures in the original two Michelins. Tyres were fine around town and on motorway.