97 1.2 Door unlocking problems - please help! - lsk0206
Hi,
I am having trouble unlocking my KA in both the driver and passenger door. The key fits in the lock but I am unable to turn it, it has slowly got worse to the point where it doesn;t move at all.
At the moment I am having to get in through the boot, which works fine but is very embarrasing when you are stuck in Sainsburys car park!!
Once I am in the car and the key is in the ignition the doors unlock themselves and stay unlocked, locking the doors is not a problem at all.
I have tried my spare key and this does exactly the same thing so I dont think it is down to wear of the key as I have never used this one since having the car for a few years.
Any ideas on how to fix this woud be greatly appreciated!
Many thanks!
97 1.2 Door unlocking problems - please help! - Dynamic Dave
Have you tried lubricating the locks?

Firstly with something like WD40, then afterwards with a spray can of white grease to replace any grease that got washed away with the WD40.

see the following thread for more info:-

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=8483

take note of Cyd's suggestions.

Also read this thread:-

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=19068

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 05/01/2010 at 12:43

97 1.2 Door unlocking problems - please help! - lsk0206
Hi,
Thanks for your reply. I have tried WD40 which helped a little the first time. Now it doesn't seem to have any effect. I will try the white grease though.
Hopefully it is as simple as this to fix and doesn't require anything more drastic!
Thanks
97 1.2 Door unlocking problems - please help! - bell boy
its usually seized up locks, wd if you are lucky, but most times i had to take them off the car and strip and clean and refit or replace