01 2.2 Turbo Diesel - Internal Blower - Nad
Hi

Can someone tell me how to fix an issue I have with my Saab.

Basically the internal heater/blower will not switch off and as a result it killed my battery. I had to jumpstart my car would start but the blower kicked in and would not stop, so I removed the blower fuse and now Ihave no heating.

Can anyone help me please.

Nad

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 04/01/2010 at 19:05

01 2.2 Turbo Diesel - Internal Blower - sandy56
As you dont know how to fix it I think you are going to have to pay someone who can- take it to a car electrician, try Yellow Pages.

I was hoping someone on the forum may know what the symptons are and how to fix it OR even what needs to be replaced.

Thanks

Nad
01 2.2 Turbo Diesel - Internal Blower - elekie&a/c doctor
I assume the car is fitted with auto climate control,then I would suspect the electronic fan speed regulator is at fault.As the car is based on a vauxhall vectra ,then if I recall ,it is situated behind the dash,drive side,above the pedals in the side of the heater casing.hth
Thanks I will take a look during the day. I dont suppose you have any images of its location and what it looks like and how much it would cost to replace
Hi elekie&a/c doctor

I just been reading other forums about this issue and all are saying that the fan control unit is located behind the glove box on the passenger side not the drivers side.

Have a look at this post

www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121710

Thanks

Before I start taking my car apart, are you 100% sure its on the driver side?
01 2.2 Turbo Diesel - Internal Blower - elekie&a/c doctor
I may be mistaken on this.It could be n/s.I think I am getting confused with 9-5 model which is definitley drive side.Whichever side it is,the unit is an aluminium heat sink device that sits in the airstream for cooling,so the majority of it is not visible.hth
is it possible that because my car is a UK spec i.e right hand drive that the Fan Speed Controller could be on the drivers side which is the equivalent of a passenger side on a left hand drive vehicle.??

01 2.2 Turbo Diesel - Internal Blower - macavity
These people might have an opinion

www.bba-reman.com/catalogue/Products.aspx?category...3