01 2.0 Transmission Rebuild - Chris66
Is anyone able to recommend a transmission shop, ideally Midlands or SE, for diagnostics and rebuild of my automatic transmission? Also, how much would you expect to pay for a rebuild? - this seems to vary widely between the different companies that I found on google and contacted. Many Thanks. Chris.
01 2.0 Transmission Rebuild - piston power
They need to see the box chris66 before they can give you a accurate price so they know exactly what is required.

Yours might be a standard overhaul with little worn parts or might have worn drum,servo, valves etc so all these add to price.
01 2.0 Transmission Rebuild - gordonbennet
You could try this association.
www.fedauto.co.uk/memfind.htm
01 2.0 Transmission Rebuild - Chris66
Thanks for the advice gordon and bigtee. I'll use one of the fedauto members. I take the point about not knowing what is required until the box is opened, but do you have any idea of the maximum amount that a rebuild should reasonably cost?
01 2.0 Transmission Rebuild - WorkshopTech
Try Derek King (Littlethorpe, Leicestershire). He's a FATE member and been in the game since I was a lad. These subaru boxes are a bit odd. Cost depends on whats wrong with it, but assuming its not a write off then reckon on not much change from £1.2k for a full rebuild. Less if there is less wrong with it. If the car is driveable then take it to him so he can test drive and diagnose before stripping it down.