CG125 Won't tick over - peteses
As a newcomer to bikes I have a problem with a year 2000 Honda CG125. From cold it kicks in first time with choke fully on but will not tick over at all. If you let go of the revs it cuts out and then becomes very difficult to re-start the engine. If you have enough patience to keep it revving high for 10-15mins then it does actually tick over with choke off. This is a real pain. New spark plug and cap fitted made no difference. Any ideas are welcome.
CG125 Won't tick over - Dynamic Dave
Have you tried cleaning the carb out, or more specifically cleaning the idle jet?
CG125 Won't tick over - Waino
I'd second DD's comment. Although it's a 2-stroke, our Yamaha RXS100 suffered a similar problem after renovation this summer. The local 2-stroke expert diagnosed the problem, blew out the jet with an air blast - and stable tick-over was restored.

Alas, the RXS100 is now laid up in the garage after being t-boned by an Audi :-(
We've a horrible fear that the frame has been bent.
No I haven't tried. Do I need to remove and strip the carb to do this?
CG125 Won't tick over - Waino
>>Do I need to remove and strip the carb to do this?>>

I wasn't present when the cleaning was carried out although it didn't seem to take long. My son took the bike and witnessed the operation so, if no one else replies - I'll ask him how it was done.

You'll need to remove the float bowl and then you will be able to access the idle and main jets which should both just unscrew. Easier to do off the bike.
OK Dave I'll take the carb off one night this week and have a go. Thanks.

And thanks Waino also.

I'll let you know how it goes.
I'm guessing it's a similar carb to the ones I have on my 1985 CB125TDC.

Make sure you don't adjust the fuel/air mixture screw or you'll need to set that up again. Mind you, it's not too difficult to do. I have some instructions for the CB125 somewhere.

edit:- just found this via googling:

honda-cg.ifrance.com/Honda-CG-125-1976-1991.pdf

Not sure if your carb looks like the one in the handbook, but it *should* be a close match.

Hope this helps with the carb stripdown and set up?

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 05/01/2010 at 00:09