Problem getting a resonable price newish van MPV - daveyK_UK
We need an additional car away from work.

Have looked at the new berlingo multispace, peugeot teepee , ford tourneo connect and the fiat doblo.
We can live with any of them and are not fussed about which one we end up with.

Our only stipulation is it is relativly new if not new then at least an 09/59 plate.

We want a van based MPV for the durability and space.

We are paying cash

But we dont want to pay more than 10 grand for a car which on the whole is nothing more than a van with 3 seats in the back and a sliding door.

I have visited 6 ford dealerships. Even wit the ford family discount i am entitled to, the cheapest pre reg tourneo I can pick up is £15,000, an increadible price (list price is £18k plus!). The dealership staff themseves have commented how expensive this vehicle is.

I have visited 2 peugeot dealerships. Neither was interested in doing anything other than £500 quid off list price. I dont understand why I should pay a higher price for a peugeot badge over a citreon badge when the partner and berlingo are near identical.

I have visited 4 fiat delaerships,. There is little to no doblo stock available new, and most of the used cars are 08/58. They will order me a new doblo but it will take 8 weeks and will be near list price. A new doblo is out in March aparently.
Im gutted motor provider have got no more in stock as they had them reasonably priced.

.*******
They are unwilling to go much below 1,000 discount on the diesel models even on the pre-reg 09's.

I have been left very dissolutioned by my experience. Some may think my principles are wrong to refuse to pay more than £10 grand for a vehicle which is no more than a van with seats, but im astonished at some of the manufacturer mark ups and the unwillingness of dealers who are more interested in a finance deal than straight cash.

I anyone can reccomend any offers/dealers/advice then please do so.
We are in need of a second car and I dont want to have to take out a short term rental.

I did try a renault dealership regarding the new kangoo and they offered £250 of list price, also im not convinced about the durability of the kangoo van. I know its a new chassis but the old kangoo van was a dog.

Problem getting a resonable price newish van MPV - carl_a
It's just not a good time to buy a car. I said on here around the time the recession was starting that cars were going to get a lot more expensive.

Just look at a Ford Focus, the base model now costs £17,495 - ok its cheaper after discount but still a crazy price.

Best solution is to check out autotrader and be prepared to travel.
Problem getting a resonable price newish van MPV - oilrag
fiatsupersaver list 5 new Doblo`s between £9495 & £10,500 (approx) Given the DPF issues on diesels these days I would go for one of the petrol models.

Try taking a print-out of the prices into a Fiat dealer and say you will `buy now` if they can match it.
Problem getting a resonable price newish van MPV - paul2007
motorpoint have realtivelt cheap vans.

Re the RRP for the mass produced cars - i've yet tomeet anyone that has paid the full price once the model havs been out for more than a couple of months.

Fords do build good quality cars imo, but a ruddy fiesta for almost 14k, lol.
Problem getting a resonable price newish van MPV - teabelly
Have a look on autorader. I searched for all MPVs under a year old and under 10k. Got 700 nationally! Also found a year old Doblo for 4295 at somewhere called Jubliee Garage. Slightly suspicious of that one though. Were a few chevrolet things under 5k too. There are some out there.
Problem getting a resonable price newish van MPV - gordonbennet
Maybe the reason for these prices is that other people have realised just how good these vehicles are, being van based can only be a good thing for durability.

They're not the sort of vehicle to be found in 6/12 month old fleet disposals not being rental/courtesy car fodder.
Problem getting a resonable price newish van MPV - boxsterboy
Weak pound = expensive imports (which these all are) = strong nearly-new prices.

Blame Gordon, Darling.
Problem getting a resonable price newish van MPV - CGNorwich
New Petrol Berlingo £9375 DTD
Problem getting a resonable price newish van MPV - daveyK_UK
Sorted by motorpoint.
even got that silly £80 for valeting and number plates taken off to seal the deal.

impressed with the service from motorpoint and the motor.

Problem getting a resonable price newish van MPV - nick1975
are vans durable? all the ones i see or have hired seem to rust at a very young age and they are all quite tinny and light.

i always thought this was because white van man ragged the life out of the van for 3 years then it was dust
Problem getting a resonable price newish van MPV - barney100
Dealers want as much as they can get from you which is understandable from their point of view. As for a cash deal the salesman loses his commision from the credit company so he ain't going to like a that much. Car dealers seem like bookies...they don't lose!