Longest you have kept a car? - Jcoventry
What's the longest period of time you have kept a car before deciding to change it?
Longest you have kept a car? - Rattle
10 months so far (cuurent car)
Owned my first car 8 months and my last one for just two months.

Longest you have kept a car? - OG
Thirteen years.

I've developed the habit of running them until they fall apart.
Longest you have kept a car? - DP
Six years. My second car, a Sierra was bought in 1993. I ran it for 3 yrs, then bought myself a mk2 Cavalier SRi. The Sierra sat doing nothing for the next year or so, then SWMBO took it on, and ran it for another 2 years. Sold it to a mate in 1999 for £150 less than I'd paid for it six years (and 80,000 miles) previously! Cheap motoring! :-)
Longest you have kept a car? - sierraman
Sold it to a mate in 1999 for £150 less than I'd paid
for it six years (and 80 000 miles) previously!

1999 is when I bought mine,for £30,I do not think I have kept anything for more than a year or so before
Longest you have kept a car? - Bromptonaut
Buy newish and keep until uneconomic. BX bought in 1993 @ 2YO and scrapped in 2005. Leader in current fleet is a 2000 Xantia 110HDi now relegated to station hack and subbing for a 2005 Berlingo as family transport. No current plans to change.
Longest you have kept a car? - SlidingPillar
1983 and counting, others have had one longer.
Longest you have kept a car? - Waino
1983 and counting others have had one longer.>>

Is that with 'daily' driving, SP?

I've had my Mondeo estate since Nov '97 - first as my company car, then I bought it from the company. I suspect that it will be departing in June, though, when its MoT is due. It's rusting around the rear wheel arches now.
Longest you have kept a car? - 1400ted
38 years in a couple of weeks, still got it though ! It was 20 then.

Ted
Longest you have kept a car? - madf
16 years from new (106)
Longest you have kept a car? - tyro
7.8 years.

Berlingo, bought new in March 2002.
Waino no, not a daily driver, but it has been to work and most other places. As I seem to attract the rain, sometimes far from dry miles!
Longest you have kept a car? - Jcoventry
SlidingPillar, which car do you have?
Longest you have kept a car? - sumpnut
With the handle SlidingPillar it must be a Morgan.
Longest you have kept a car? - chewer1
15 years - VW Vento 2L Auto - Great family car - huge boot and only minor trouble in daily use
The since 83 car is a Morgan 4/4, now with a full race engine, and since 97, joined by a Morgan Aero Super Sports three wheeler.
Longest you have kept a car? - sumpnut
nice