CRV rear window open - Brentus
Just did a 60 mile drive. On returning to town i parked car in a regular slot in a supermarket i use. When i say regular i mean usually within 3 bays & 3-4 times a week. I had a full car. On returning to the car the rear nearside window was open. Can anyone offer a reason. I know early model Passatts had a simmillar problem.
CRV rear window open - zookeeper
hi brentus, are you assuming it was forced or do you think it was caused by component failure?
CRV rear window open - Pugugly
User error ? I have to say the ergonomic mess that Honda have managed to bestow on the CRV extends to the window switches - easy to operate the rear windows in error, which I have done a couple of times - same problem in the Civic IMA in work, I've isolated mine now...never had a problem with mine opening by accident, despite usually leaving them open a crack to ventilate the dog !

Edited by Pugugly on 23/12/2009 at 07:23

I also thought about this long and hard Pug. The more i think about it the more i know i didnt activate a window. However i must admit to opening the wrong window to speak to someone the other week. It was freezing when this happened and it was tight parking, but i am used to this especially where i parked, and the window was fully down as far as it should go. But i am not discounting user error. What do you mean by isolating them.
No i am pretty certain it was not forced. I was thinking more on the lines of a component failure of some description.
CRV rear window open - Deskpilot
The window switches are very poorly positioned and I don't think I have ever opened the front windows at the first attempt. It is then a fight to close the rear window before tackling the front switch again. In, fact, I very often have to have a lightning sideways squint to find the right switch.

Another switch that I feel is poorly positioned is the rear window/mirror demister switch which is for me almost an arm's length away and is so small and fiddly that I invariably pull in and stop for pure safety reasons before operating.

The windscreen demister switch is again small and fiddly and too low.

Really, I suppose it amounts to those switches being out of the driver's vision. Oh! for the days of the large click down for "On" and click up for "Off" type.