Second offence? - Please help
Hi

Regretibly got behind the wheel after a few beers. Got pulled up and will be going to court in Jan 2010. Got 66 and 69 on the breathaliser

In my first 2 years of driving i picked up too many points (never been a boy racer but got unlucky with the camera guns, flashed in an area i didnt know etc). My license was suspended - Didnt say i was banned but i guess i was as i wasnt allowed to drive but i rememeber suspended being the term they used. I had to retake my driving test

i think this was about 8 or so years ago. Would this count as a second offence as its within 10 years? = 3 year minimum ban? I really hope not

Thanks for your help
Second offence? - Dave_TD
got behind the wheel after a few beers

Got 66 and 69 on the breathaliser

I don't think you're in the right forum if you expect any sympathy ;-)

Not having had any experience of your situation I can't say for certain, but I think the 10-year rule only applies if it's your second drunk-driving conviction.

Edited by Dave_TD {P} on 22/12/2009 at 00:54

Second offence? - zookeeper
www.honestjohn.co.uk/redirect.php?http://www.drink...p

have a gander at this
I know i wont get any sympathy and undertand that. Dont desrve it i know that

Thanks for the reply Dave
Zookeeper,

Sorry, im still not sure. So would David be correct?

Thanks
Second offence? - zookeeper
any drink driving conviction stays on your licence for 11 years, you say your "previous " was about 8 or so years ago.....have a look on your licence?
No other drink driving offences Zookeeper. Just the other offence about the points within the first 2 years of driving. Anyone know? Thanks

I mean unlucky guys about the speeding points incurred some years ago and not my recent drink driving offence

Thanks

Second offence? - L'escargot
......... got unlucky ..........

Unlucky?
Second offence? - ijws15
>> ......... got unlucky ..........
Unlucky?

Just what I was thinking.

Second offence? - M.M
I hesitate to offer any assistance to someone drink driving but have a look at this sentence calculator..

www.drinkdriving.org/drink_driving_sentencing_guid...p
Second offence? - Altea Ego
your original suspension/totting up was for speeding and as it was 8 years ago it does not count - Its as if you had a clean license

For your current first DD offence at a readinbg 66 you can expect 18month ban and a fat fine.