09 1.6 Damaged Alloy. Recommended repairer? - njsb
Lost control of my Golf in the snow today, only doing 15mph. result alloy impacted on kerb and left big dent in alloy rim.

Anyone recommend a company in the midlands area that can repair damaged alloys.

Or anyone recommend other than VW dealers where I can price up a new alloy to replace it. It is the current spec 16" Atlanta alloy wheel.

Thanks

njsb

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 18/12/2009 at 14:00

09 1.6 Damaged Alloy, anyone recommend company to - WorkshopTech
Lap-tab (Erdington) are good, but not that cheap. Maybe hunt on Ebay for a replacement?
09 1.6 Damaged Alloy, anyone recommend company to - VR6
Another vote for Lap Tab in Birmingham. I had 4 alloys refubished, they did an excellent job, and I found the prices to be very competitive.
09 1.6 Damaged Alloy, anyone recommend company to - Dynamic Dave
I had 4 alloys refubished

By 'refurbish' do you mean a quick clean up and respray?

OP's wheel has a big dent in the rim. Can that be successfully manipulated back into shape without affecting the strength of the wheel?
09 1.6 Damaged Alloy, anyone recommend company to - WorkshopTech
OP's wheel has a big dent in the rim. Can that be successfully manipulated back
into shape without affecting the strength of the wheel?

Yes, so long as wheel is not cracked and still round then lap tab can do a good job on them. They are stripped right back, filled and properly prepped and sprayed. We get loads of wheels refurbed. If theyve gone wonky and out of round, like some of the BMW ones, or have a crack, then they are scrapped. We have a place near us that sells odd alloy wheels, so we sometimes get one from him if a wheel has to be scrapped.
09 1.6 Damaged Alloy, anyone recommend company to - VR6
Well the wheels were not out of shape, but had quite a bit of surface scaring and chips deeper than the paint. They were shot blasted and the blemished filled, and then resprayed.

I found them to be very professional and informative, so I guess the OP should take the wheel to a reputable place and ask for advice.
09 1.6 Damaged Alloy. Recommended repairer? - Victorbox
If you've hit a kerb hard enough to dent the wheel, at a minimum you are going to need your wheel alignment and tyre checked rather than just have the wheel repaired/ replaced.
Contacted Lap-tab as suggested, they say from looking at photos that the wheel is repairable?

But as VW have two toned coloured the wheel they are not able to repair, but they did recommend Pristine Alloys Wheels of Milton Keynes.

I have been in contact but they can't take on the work until the new year.

In meantime, I will get car wheel alignment checked as suggested.

Thanks for advice.

njsb
Pristine Alloys say that the wheel is distorted, so can not be repaired.

Anyone know where you can buy cheap VW original parts.

The wheel is a specific 16" VW Atlanta Alloy with Anthricite (Grey/Black) finish.

Regards

njsb
09 1.6 Damaged Alloy. Recommended repairer? - Pugugly
330393614446 on e-bay