01 2.0 vectra petrol running on 3 cylinders - mickeybo
the owner of this car fitted new spark plugs plus new coil pack trying to eliminate above fault prior to leaving vehicle with us. I got car scanned to-day at vauxhall main dealers fault code came up ecu fault. When vauxhall erazed this fault out car drove for approx 3 miles perfectly before mil light came back on then back to 3 cylinders. I don't have any AD on this particular vectra being a 2l. Can anyone please shed any light on this or know of where a person can pin data or wiring diagram Engine code 20x 04404. Siemens Ecu 5wk9 154 I'm thinking this could be a wiring fault. would there be any problems or known issues with getting a second hand Ecu unit coded in any assistance on this would be greatly apreciated BestRegards Mickeybo
It's better to learn from others than to learn from your own mistakes

{Post reformatted to make use of the full width of the box, not just 2 thirds of it}

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 16/12/2009 at 10:25

01 2.0 vectra petrol running on 3 cylinders - elekie&a/c doctor
Loss of firing on one or more cylinders due to no spark on no injection ,is often a fault within the Ecu.A s/hand unit can be used but will need correct diag equipt to code it to immobiliser system.Also check the connector pins onto the coil pack,sometimes they can give poor contact ,and make sure you have genuine or Bosch spark plugs.I would thik this is a 1.8 engine not a 2.0.hth