Clio Dynamique 1.2 TCE or Fiesta Zetec 1.4 - cheddar
A car for the wife to replace our trusty Clio.

Clio pros:
Cabin feels more plush.
Looks top-of-the-range on nice 16" wheels despite there being pricier Priviledge and Initiale models.
1.2 Turbo engine likely to be more flexible.

Fiesta pros:
(Slightly) more highly rated by the press.
Nice looking car and a new model so will perhaps date less quickly.
Bluetooth and voice control seems better integrated.
More convenient and friendly dealer.

Any thoughts?
Clio Dynamique 1.2 TCE or Fiesta Zetec 1.4 - bazza
Isn't the Clio slightly better value? The Fiesta is quite pricey IMO. All the Clios I've tried lately have been very impressive for dynamics and refinement. My father has the latest 1.4 Zetec which he is very pleased with, although i think visibility is a negative. The new 1.2 turbo will make for a fun drive and has rave reviews. I do wonder about turbo longevity but you look after your cars don't you? And you've been very pleased with your current Clio too.
Thanks Bazza, these two come out a a couple of hundred pounds apart accounting for offers, dealer discounts etc. The Clio is perhaps better value in that it looks like a top-of-the-range model where at the Fiesta is more mid range, spec is broadly comparable aside from the size of the alloys. The Fiesta may hold its value better.
Clio Dynamique 1.2 TCE or Fiesta Zetec 1.4 - Pugugly
Ford for me - slightly funkier (if one can be funky after a certain age) potentially less troublesome
Clio Dynamique 1.2 TCE or Fiesta Zetec 1.4 - ifithelps
I'd be tempted by the Clio's better ride, and then I'd put on my Ford-tinted spectacles and buy the Fiesta.

Clio Dynamique 1.2 TCE or Fiesta Zetec 1.4 - Bill Payer
Looks top-of-the-range on nice 16" wheels

I was nearly put off the Honda Jazz by it having 16" wheels - the 55 profile tyres offer little protection to the wheels and do nothing for thr ride. And the tyre size is a bit odd, therefore only available from a few suppliers and are expensive.
Clio Dynamique 1.2 TCE or Fiesta Zetec 1.4 - Avant
It's some time since I've tried either, as SWMBO is on her third Mini - but I would think that a Clio would feel generally softer and more comfy, a Fiesta more taut and perhaps sportier. Renaults major on ride, Fords on handling, although road tests suggest that both makers have got a good balance between the two.

So maybe it depends on whether Mrs C is a laid-back, relaxed type of driver or more of a press-on type. No doubt she'll try both and I hope you'll tell us if she finds a difference. If you're happy wih your present Renault dealer, that may be a factor.

Younger daughter and fiance have a Twingo with the 1.2 TCE engine and love it.

One final point - the rear visibility in a Fiesta looks awful but maybe others are less concerned about that aspect than I am.
Clio Dynamique 1.2 TCE or Fiesta Zetec 1.4 - gordonbennet
As said, visibility, let swmbo try a bit of manouevering with both, i find the Fiesta as bad as a van at the rear with inadequate mirrors.

Thanks all, good comments.

The 16" alloys come with tyres with wheel protection ridges, reckon we might go for the optional 16" alloys if we decide on a Fiesta Zetec, they are more attractive than the one on the Titanium IMO.

Any views on privacy glass?

Clio Dynamique 1.2 TCE or Fiesta Zetec 1.4 - ukbeefy
Had a Clio 1.2TCE as a rental car at Christmas. Was very pleasant to drive. Quite solidly planted on the road. Quite good go especially up hills in wales etc. What I did notice was that when cruising on the motorway around 70mph the instant MPG readout seemed to settle at about 36mpg....I know these things can be inaccurate but I thought it would be doing over 40mpg.

Clio Dynamique 1.2 TCE or Fiesta Zetec 1.4 - Avant
"Any views on privacy glass?"

Purely a personal view, but I can't see the point of it unless you chauffeur-drive passengers who need not to be seen.

Are there any little Cheddars? In my experience children like to be able to see out, and if Mum has a brand new car they'll want to be seen in it too.
I agree Avant, its just that there is one in stock with privacy glass, looks OK on a dark colour I guess though this is silver.

The one x small to medium and 2x large Cheddars are not too interested in being seen I feel.