Iveco 6.5 ton horsebox. What's the "H" button for? - spierian
I have a horsebox built on an Iveco 6.5 ton chassis (2002). Of course, there's no manual with it!

On the dashboard is a round push button with a symbol that looks like an H. On closer inspection it seems to represent ths front and rear axles and driveshaft, with the wheels shown at the top and bottom of the uprights. In fact the front wheels are shown slightly turned.

What is it for?

Thanks a lot.

John

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 04/12/2009 at 14:29

Question about Iveco 6.5 ton - Lou_O
Diff lock?
Question about Iveco 6.5 ton - dieseldogg
I think yes, perhaps, possibly/probably?
We have a 7.5 tonne Iveco with this option
It is fitted to a rotary switch though
Well disguised and therefore subject to inadvertent operation!

Edited by dieseldogg on 04/12/2009 at 09:56

Question about Iveco 6.5 ton - billy25
Yep! the "H" button is a type of traction device!

It`s for when you are travelling on a muddy field at say a Gymkahna (sp?) and the wheels start spinning.

Press the "H" button, and the horse gets out the back, comes round the front and pulls you off the field!.

Ok -Ok! it is Friday! after all.
Question about Iveco 6.5 ton - spierian
Press the "H" button and the horse gets out the back comes round the front
and pulls you off the field!.

Oh how I want to go along with Billy25! I'm going to try it tomorrow. In the unlikley event of failure I'll have to fall back on the much more plausible (but less fun) answers from Lou and Dieseldogg. :-)

Thanks to all of you.

Question about Iveco 6.5 ton - pda
Try switching the 'H button' on and drive forward, then try to turn sharply either way.
If it is the Diff lock then it won't respond as well as normal.

If that is what it turns out to be, just remember it is your friend when stuck on a muddy field:)

Pat
Question about Iveco 6.5 ton - ifithelps
... just remember it is your friend when stuck on a muddy field:)...

Agreed.

From my experience of mudplugging on agricultural tractors, I'd rather have a diff lock than four wheel drive.