96 1.8 intermitent loss of power - agcode
hi, ive just been out to shop(about 8 mile round trip) and on way home my 96` 406 1.8 petrol just developed an intermitent power problem. as if firing on 3 cylinders or something. when i put my foot down it judders along but when i ease off it comes back to normal again.it does this in all gears. i had a new catalyst fitted about 3 months ago which seems to be getting noisier as time goes on. if this is faulty would it cause theese symptoms?

agcode:-)
update-changed spark plugs,big improvement(not suprising as the old ones looked like they never been changed).but still juddering when accelerating. Took car back to garage, cat was faulty and was changed today but still problems. Guy at garage said its likely to be the coil pack. I ordered new one today. will see if that solves the prob!!

agcode:)
96 1.8 intermitent loss of power - perro
Fault could be ignition or fuel related - best to take it to someone with diagnostic equipment if the coil pack doesn't effect a cure.
update-fitted new coil pack and everything is back to normal.just waiting now for the next problem to arise!!!

agcode:)