99 1.1 struggles to start, idle extremely low - jakey
hi there, i have a 1999 t reg peugeot 106 1.1 petrol, recently it has been struggling to start in the morning and it will not idle, when im pulling up to junctions etc the engine stalls.
it has had a new coolant temp sensor (green one)
and also a new idle control valve,
it has been fully serviced also.
had a diagnostic check carried out using peugeot pps diag equipment, no faults present
im completley stumped now, someone help me please
99 1.1 struggles to start, idle extremely low - andrewuwe
Could be worn out. Is it high mileage? Or low mileage but many short journeys?

You could try putting a little oil on the tops of the pistons to temporarily seal the piston rings. If it then starts easily you know you are in the right area.

More likely it has gotten damp in the recent wet weather. Have a good clean up in the engine bay.
its only got 77k on the clock, i wouldnt say it was rings or lost compression etc, its not burning any oil or smoking, it fires up fine but idle is so low it cuts out, so believe to be something along the lines of stepper motor etc, but i have had this replaced. its just a thought but could this be caused by a split o ring on top of throttle body or split gasket between throttle body and manifold??
99 1.1 struggles to start, idle extremely low - andrewuwe
"struggling to start" ... "fires up fine" eh?

I'd still check around the wires in the engine bay for damp/corrosion.

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 16/11/2009 at 10:22

the car fires up but wont idle unless you keep foot on throttle, after bout 5 minutes it will idle on its own, but when pulling upto junctions etc it just dies
99 1.1 struggles to start, idle extremely low - mscott
My 206 1.1 did this. Cured it by disconnecting the tube from the air filter housing into throttle body and, with the engine running, squirting carb cleaner into the throttle intake. Took a few goes but no problem since.
ok thanks for your info, i will give this a try and let you know how i get on, cheers