07 2.2 Judder when accelerating with some left loc - idle_chatterer
I'm not sure whether I'm imagining this but I drove my wife's low mileage (14K miles) 07 2.2 CTDi Civic the other day and when accelerating from low speed / revs with some left lock (e.g. when turning into a side street) there seemed to be a juddering 'sensation'.

N.B. this wasn't on anything like full lock, merely off the straight ahead was enough.

It didn't occur in the straight ahead or with right lock applied (e.g. on roundabouts). I drive a RWD car these days so maybe I've forgotten what a high torque FWD car feels like but I don't think I'm imagining this.

I'm pretty sure it wasn't on the clutch 'take up' either, the traction control wasn't intervening (relatively gentle acceleration) and I wasn't braking. Also the road surfaces were reasonably smooth.

The car has been largely trouble free and is still under warrantee so I've booked it in to the dealer but would appreciate any thoughts on what might cause such symptoms. - CV joint, Driveshaft perhaps ?

P.S. it tracks straight and the front tyre wear is even, I guess they're about half worn (haven't measured them though), they're 225x17 Michelins but not runflat or anything like that.

Edited by idle_chatterer on 10/11/2009 at 14:57