00 1.9tdi slx derv / wrong fuel thoughts... - sparky93
I am looking at buying one of these cars.

I am used to ul fueled cars in the past.

I am concerned about missfilling by accident.

I never brim a tank, so was wondering what could be got away with/

Say I put 20quid of ul in by mistake, can i dilute with brimming with derv? would half a pint of oil mixed in too help as well?

I just know I will slip up sometime.

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 05/11/2009 at 00:28

00 1.9tdi slx derv / wrong fuel thoughts... - Armitage Shanks {p}
I put about 6 litres of petrol into my diesel, said ****!, topped it off with diesel and a triple dose of Millers additive and the car is still doing well 20K miles later. Could be a conicidence, or perhaps Millers saved the day?
00 1.9tdi slx derv / wrong fuel thoughts... - Falkirk Bairn
I just know I will slip up sometime.

Buy one of the £60 plastic adapters that will stop petrol being put in a diesel tank.

Dragon's Den had one a couple of years ago - there will be others (maybe cheaper!)
00 1.9tdi slx derv / wrong fuel thoughts... - DP
I'm actually starting to wonder if this misfuelling business is something of an over-dramatisation. I've heard of two misfuelling incidents recently, both of which happened over a year ago. One was a Skoda Fabia vRS with the VW 1.9 TDI PD 130 engine in it, the other a Peugeot 406 2.0 HDI 110PS. Both were filled to the brim with Unleaded and driven until they ground to a halt. Both had the tanks drained, and were filled with diesel. Both fired up immediately and ran, and both have since done over 20,000 more miles with no apparent ill effects at all.

Nobody would argue misfuelling a diesel does it any good at all, but I wonder how many of these four figure, multi component replacement invoices that people receive on being towed in to main dealers in particular are actually necessary, and how many are garages making a few quid out of people's hysteria?

00 1.9tdi slx derv / wrong fuel thoughts... - Armitage Shanks {p}
It was certainly stated that with some make/model of car you were in trouble if you switched on the ignition without even starting the engine! I find that a bit OTT but what do I know?
00 1.9tdi slx derv / wrong fuel thoughts... - sparky93
i have heard some cars prime up just by unlocking the doors.
Anyway, the car i was going for was sold. only for it to turn up at aanother garage at lower price and shorter mot. odd. was originally at a skoda garage.