01 1.25 engine flooding when attempted start, rece - track
Got a small issue with a 1250 zetec engine, Ive just replaced it into a 2001 fiesta so its the later of the 1.25's. The old engine had spun a shell but still run OK. The new engine did have 2 bent valves where it had been turned by hand with no bottom pulley on so I replaced the head with the one off the old engine. I then fit a new tensioner and belt and I also used the correct timing tools for the engine. Now when I try to start it the engine briefly fires as though trying to start (more of a judder) then just cranks. It is flooding and soaking the plugs. I have checked compression and get 150psi give or take 3 psi across the board, thats with throttle closed and cold cranking with all plugs removed. With spark plugs out and dry I get a good spark on all pots. Could it be the crank sensor at fault or should I be re-checking the timing? The cam sensor is the original one with the original cams etc due to the head change so can be ruled out. Also the fuel rail and injectors are original.