A modern take on an old story - Pugugly
Car parked at the kerbside in the village - piece of paper over the tax disc - "Tax applied for online" !

Edited by Pugugly on 02/11/2009 at 10:45

A modern take on an old story - gmac
Of course the piece of paper was the confirmation screen you get when buying online :)
Unless they printed it on a piece of brown paper and had a printer that had a "crayon" font !
A modern take on an old story - Altea Ego
Or of course, a label from a bottle of Cobra in place of the manns brown ale label
A modern take on an old story - mike hannon
A Guinness label always looked better from a distance when I was younger.
Sadly AE you're right. Or knowing the mob around here Lambrusco.
A modern take on an old story - TeDBundy
.*******
A modern take on an old story - 1400ted
Went to pay my spares account this morning and there was a small blue car across the road with a DVLA clamp and a ' no tax ' notice attached.

They're out there, checking !

Ted
A modern take on an old story - Rattle
Haha I wondered where my car had gone :p

Mine is due in March I think. Which reminds me I need to email the council about a road near me which is now dangerious to drive down at any speed due to all the pot holes. I am sure Ted knows exactly where I mean :). Its a very rough surface too which dosn't help. I just don't go down it any more in fear of all the bumps damaging some electrical connection.

I would not mind paying tax at all if they actually spent it on roads.

Edited by Rattle on 02/11/2009 at 16:17

A modern take on an old story - rtj70
They're out there, checking !

They have NCP subcontracted to do this checking. They drive around using ANPR to detect offending vehicles and clamp them. And a few hours later they remove the cars. When I last saw two cars clamped in this way, the first one had gone when I drove back past 20 minutes later!