08 3.0 Diesel engine sometimes reluctant to start - fleeble
Hi

I bought an 08 ex demonstrator 300C diesel (with the merc 3.0 engine) which had very few miles on the clock when I purchased it. It now has about 2000 miles. On occasion the engine seems reluctant to start - sometimes I have to churn it for 5 to 10 seconds before anything happens which can't be normal on an almost new car. I generally only do journeys over 5 miles in it so its not used for short hops and it has yet to have its first service.

Can anything think what the problem might be?

08 3.0 Diesel engine sometimes reluctant to start - MerlinTec
is it an 08 (new type keys) or just registered in 08 as there is a software update for the older ones. Also there a an RRT for the starter wire harness that also would be good to get checked.
08 3.0 Diesel engine sometimes reluctant to start - fleeble
It was built in early 2007 apparently and the software date is 2006. What do the new type keys look like?
08 3.0 Diesel engine sometimes reluctant to start - Chance1988
fuel filter or crankshaft position sensor,
08 3.0 Diesel engine sometimes reluctant to start - MerlinTec
new type of keys for the 08 on has no blade for the ignition. the blade (that is hidden in the back of the key) is only for the fuel flap and doors. If you have a blade for the ignition then its an 07 model year. Another way to tell is the last 8 of the vin will start with an 7 if an 07 or an 8 if an 08 model year.