06 1.6 (petrol) lumpy idling - mickyt
Hi All,

I have a 2006 307SW 1.6 petrol with 55k on the clock.

It runs fine, no error codes are present, but.. most times, not all, it's lumpy at idle. The rev counter doesn't show any variation, sticking at around 700 ish but you can feel it missing a beat. It's got a full Pug service history and was serviced about 4 months ago, I did ask my local main dealer to have a quick look and he said it's fine and even hooked it up to a fault reader which showed nothing. Various sources have told me it could be throttle position sensor, throttle potentiometer, throttle body, hydraulic tappets, blocked jets, dodgy HT lead or plug. So you can see I'm spoilt for choice :-)

Have any of you guys got a "speaking from experience" idea as to what it is or some suggestion as to what to check (idiots guide please).

ps. I already done the BSI reset procedure.

Thanks all

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 16/10/2009 at 19:48

Another question..

Would the Haynes manual for the 307 (2001-2004) cover the 2006 engine enough to make it worthwhile buying, or is it totally different from the earlier engine?

Cheers
06 1.6 (petrol) lumpy idling - HyundaiOwnersClubAdmin
Hydraulic followers are a good shout
Sounds expensive! any ideas on diagnosis and possible repair costs?

What would cause failure, it's a 3 year old car with full service history, 55k on the clock, surely they should last longer than that.

Also, would this cause an intermittent problem? The idle seems fine when I pull up but gradually gets lumpier the longer it idles, I've also noticed the odd flat spot under acceleration at about 3k revs, although again it's only now and again.

I hate intermittent problems, I think I'd rather have a complete failure, at least you know where you stand.