My first CRV keeps coming back to haunt me! - Deskpilot
Although since November, 1997, when I bought the first CRV in Passion Orange ( for once both my wife and I agreed on the colour), I have had each of the later models and currently have a CRVIII (Petrol ES Automatic), my original CRV keeps turning up in various local car parks to haunt me!

I live in the Nailsea\Clevedon area and it seems that every few months my old CRV turns up. Some time ago it was in my local car park and I was fondly looking over it, when a very presentable young lady returned to claim it!

We had a chat and she was over the moon with it, as it was just the vehicle to use both for her cleaning business and for leisure.

Some months later I saw it on the forecourt of a local car dealer for sale at what I thought was an exorbitant price.

Yesterday it turned up again in Tesco's car park looking as bright and clean as the day I took delivery. My wife's comment was "look at all the money you could have saved if we had kept it - it looks as good as new!

I guess she has a point.

Has anyone else suffered similarly?

My first CRV keeps coming back to haunt me! - Martin Devon
Yes. Bought a 1988 Granada 2.9 Ghia in 1989 for 8k as I recall. Not many miles under it's belt. Cant remember exactly when I sold it, but it was after many years and about 2000 iirc. Got rid cos it had had an intermittent Abs issue and a bit of rust in the top (by the bottom of the window) of the Passenger door. Sold it to a taxi driving mate for his private use. Took £150.00 for it. He ran it for two more years without so much as a murmur and sold it on for....yep you're right.........£150.00 I tried sooo hard not to look gutted and have no idea if I succeeded or not. Best car I have ever owned.

MD
My first CRV keeps coming back to haunt me! - boxsterboy
I bought a low mileage 1-owner Xantia Activa (the one with the anti-roll suspension) a few years back and sold it on after a few years - still low mileage.

Then about 3 years later I fancied a fun car and remembered how the Activa really used to surprise people. It was a real Q-car - looked fairly plain but was soo quick around the bends due to the added grip through lack of body roll. So there I was looking on ebay (always dangerous) and saw a rather sorry looking emerald green Activa at the sort of garage that shifts unloved trade-ins. "That's just like my old Activa", I said to myself. A closer look revealed it WAS my old Activa, with not that nany more miles added from when I had sold it 3 years earlier.

The price was right and I knew so much of the history, that I thought I won't find a better one, so bought it (without telling the Mrs!). Kept it for a year, had some fun, and sold it on for more than I paid to another enthusiast.

(And no, the Mrs never did understand ...)
My first CRV keeps coming back to haunt me! - Martin Devon
(And no the Mrs never did understand ...)

If you do find out anything that they understand perhaps you will start a dedicated thread and let us all know!!

MD
My first CRV keeps coming back to haunt me! - BobbyG
In the late 80s my sister lived in Edinburgh and drove a horrible yellow Talbot Samba. She eventually sold it.
A couple of years later she moved to Porthcawal in Wales and 2 doors up from her was her old Talbot Samba!