03 1.2 skoda fabia door keeps lock by itself - dave1951uk
has anyone had this problem i have just been locked out of my car as i just got out of my car to speak to a mate and the car looked its self the keys were in the ignition; it has done this before when i am driveing along. anyone had this if so how did you fix this.regards dave
03 1.2 skoda fabia door keeps lock by itself - bathtub tom
Could be a 'feature' of the vehicle to secure itself.

I had my Almera for a couple of years before realising that if I plip unlocked it, then didn't do anything like opening a door, it would lock itself within a very short period.

Not mentioned in the handbook. Any other Almera owners noticed it?
03 1.2 skoda fabia door keeps lock by itself - Peter D
It should not lock with the keys in. Check the cabling and connector insdie the bellows in the door hinge area. Regards Peter
03 1.2 skoda fabia door keeps lock by itself - Bill Payer
Any other Almera owners noticed it?

I think pretty well all cars with remote central locking do this - we have 4 different makes and they certainly all do it. Stops the car being left unlocked outside your house if the unlock button is accidently pressed.
03 1.2 skoda fabia door keeps lock by itself - Hastings David
Got the same issue with my 51 Fabia (driver's door).

Diagnosis too a few days.
Car's computer does not recognise that the door is open. Impacts upon Lights reminder and boot lock (which will not open if it thinks the driver's door is closed.

It is caused by the failure of the COURTESY LIGHT SWITCH.
This would be simple in most cases BUT the Fabia courtesy light switch is part of the door lock assembly.

Looks like a new lock is required.
03 1.2 skoda fabia door keeps lock by itself - almont
I was locked out of my Skoda Fabia 1.4 estate car today. Here's what happened. I put the key in the ignition, opened the bonnet, then got out of the car while a mechanic checked my oil level. When I tried to get back in, the door was locked.

Surely this shouldn't have happened? Hastings David - it sounds as if you may understand why this happens, except I can't understand your post! Do you think you could try and explain? How does the courtesy light switch affect the lock? (What is the courtesy light switch anyway!)

Thanks.

SQ

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 16/12/2009 at 01:19

03 1.2 skoda fabia door keeps lock by itself - WorkshopTech
.*********
03 1.2 skoda fabia door keeps lock by itself - WorkshopTech
Well, I'll post again then!

Microswitch in drivers door lock. Lock unit c.£90 (ask if they'll give you some discount).
03 1.2 skoda fabia door keeps lock by itself - Glaikit Wee Scunner {P}
If the courtesy light comes on then the same circuit can let the other bits of the car know the door is open and act accordingly. Something like that.

Edited by Glaikit Wee Scunner {P} on 16/12/2009 at 12:33

03 1.2 skoda fabia door keeps lock by itself - Jonathan Hilton-King
I’m just having some weird stuff going on too, the passenger front door is possessed! When unlocking all is normal but sometimes when you open the door the central locking activates and locks the car again. Other times when driving along it also locks and unlocks randomly. With one click in the key everything locks except the passenger door, two clicks it locks. The little light on the drivers door doesn’t seem to flash now? Hmm?