M54 to M6 Toll - Greenslade
On Saturday afternoon/evening, I'll be wanting to join the M6 Toll (southbound) from the M54 (eastbound).

I can't quite work out from the maps how this is done. Can I join the M6 Toll from the A460, after crossing the main M6?

Thanks

Chris
M54 to M6 Toll - Bromptonaut
Yes and that's a far better route than the (almost) signed on via the A449 and Gailey. But watch for the speed cameras.

www.multimap.com/s/ANRvcIUQ shows the slip road involved.

Edited by Bromptonaut on 05/10/2009 at 23:32

M54 to M6 Toll - gordonbennet
Yes you are spot on there Chris, off M54 at jct 1, over the M6 towards Cannock, first roundabout left there's a loop road leads straight onto the Toll rd.

I don't normally use Toll if i can help it cos it's rip off for car drivers (it's less than £10 for a 44 tonner), but i'm sure i saw signs on M42 this evening saying M6 4 to 6 closed Sat overnight, possible S'bound will be too.

Edit...late again..;)

Edited by gordonbennet on 05/10/2009 at 23:34

M54 to M6 Toll - Greenslade
Thanks to both.

I used the Toll for the first time (northbound) last Sunday. Blissfully relaxing after a couple of hours navigating myself through Southam, Leamington etc following the crash-related M40 closure.

I was expecting to be impressed by Norton Canes services, but in truth thought Beaconsfield, where I had stopped earlier, was even better.

As a Sussex resident, and rail season ticket holding commuter, I'd not driven north of the top of the M25 for years. I'm actually quite looking forward to my Llangollen - Seaford home run on Saturday.

M54 to M6 Toll - ifithelps
.... and rail season ticket holding commuter....I'm actually quite looking forward to my Llangollen - Seaford home run on Saturday.

Isn't there a little railway at Llangollen?

Don't think your season ticket will be valid, though.