99 1.25 Sill replacement & brake pipes? - Drive_R
Hi

Could anyone possibly advise what I am likely to fork out for the following repairs please?

- flexi hoses on all wheels
- front & rear brake pipes
- offside sill replacement (and paint to colour code)
- patching of nearside sill

Just wondering is it worth my while getting it fixed

Thanks

99 1.25 Sill replacement & brake pipes? - Rattle
I've had them all done on various Fiestas. You're best getting two new sills its not worth patching up as it will rust through. The brake pipes shouldn't cost that much. Its all standard late 90's Fiesta MOT failure stuff.

What is the rest of the car like? If its been reliable I would probably get it done, my old Fiesta needed similar things doing but as the clutch was slipping etc I scrapped it.
99 1.25 Sill replacement & brake pipes? - Drive_R
Hi Rattle

The rest of the car is in good condition - a tidy little car. I thought I had clutch / gearbox problems, but a local mechanic test drove it and didn't think there was anything wrong.

It's been OK for the last couple of weeks (touchwood).

So how much will it cost for sill replacements (with re-spray) and to sort the brake pipes/flexi hoses?

Thanks
99 1.25 Sill replacement & brake pipes? - bell boy
obviously Dependant on where you live and whether greasy jack is going to rattle the new sill with a can or its going to a body shop for a professional cut and chop of the old sill and blend in and paint the cost all in guv is between £400 and a £1000
basically it needs two sills fitting and blacking and a lot of brake bits so realistically you want to be looking at a bill of under £400