06 2.2 forte diesel additive - keithbayles
can you tell me if it,s worth using forte diesel additive in the above car,its running fine would this make any difference.

cheers
keith
06 2.2 forte diesel additive - Peter.N.
Most articles I have read show little or no improvement with additives. Check the lastest Which? report on them.
06 2.2 forte diesel additive - gordonbennet
Check the lastest
Which? report on them.

Not a 'Which subscriber, would you mind giving us a short summary of the article please.

There have been many threads on the discussion forum over these additives, some of us use them some scorn their use...you pays your money...
06 2.2 forte diesel additive - sandy56
IF you use quality fuel from Shell BP ultimate etc I wouldnt bother.
If you use cheap supermarket fuel then go ahead.
06 2.2 forte diesel additive - Armitage Shanks {p}
I have always used Millers in my diesel cars. The cost of 'treating' a litre of cheap fuel is less than the price difference between Shell ordinary and Shell Ultimate, for instance. Once, after a misfuelling incident I put in a triple dose of Millers and topped off with diesel and the car is still running well after another 20K miles.
06 2.2 forte diesel additive - madf
Both our diesels are run on mainly short journeys over 5-15 years. Never any issues and additives made no noticeable difference.

Both are filled almost exclusively on Shell standard diesel as HJ recommends.

06 2.2 forte diesel additive - Armitage Shanks {p}
madf - I am guessing that if you are on this sort of driving regime neither of you diesels are fitted with FAPs or the dreaded Eolys fluid system? They really don't like short and/or low speed journies!
06 2.2 forte diesel additive - macavity
www.carbibles.com/fuel_engine_bible_pg2.html
06 2.2 forte diesel additive - macavity
can you tell me if it s worth using forte diesel additive

In the current Autoexpress magazine issue 1083, 30 Sept they comment on the Which report "Fuel additives are a waste of money".

They do however increase profits for the people that make/sell them by reducing the loose change in your pocket. Diesel (DERV) is a far better additive and much cheaper.