VW dsg 6 / 7 speed differences - mustangman
We have two VW?s with dsg in our household. I have a 1.4 tsi Golf with the 7 speed trans, while SWIMBO has a 2.0 tdi Eos with the 6 speed.

I?m aware that the 7 speed is rated for less torque than the 6, and that it has dry clutches rather than ?wet? clutches running in oil.

I find that the 7 speed Golf has a much sharper clutch engagement from rest, such that I have to ?squeeze? the throttle carefully to avoid a jerky takeoff, and in general I have to be much more accurate with throttle inputs.

This is giving me an aching ankle when I drive the car.

Any others out there with similar problems. ( hello Mr. Tack ? )

(My thoughts are that the 7 speed clutch must be programmed to engage quite fast to avoid slip & compromise the life of the lining / facing. I?ve had it checked by my dealer who states that all is ok)
VW dsg 6 / 7 speed differences - Statistical outlier
My parents have the 6 speed in an Octavia 2.0d, and the few times I have driven it I was very impressed by the smooth, even take-up. They have noticed a 5-6 mpg decrease compared to the hatch with the same engine but a manual, at least some of which I assume might be due to the wet clutch (the rest presumably the additional weight and aerodynamics of the estate body).

in contrast, although I have yet to drive it, my friend's new 1.4 TSi Golf does seem to have an abrupt take-up, something that she has commented on as she needs to give it a little gas to get it engaged before she can put her foot down.

Although I can't be sure as I've not driven it, sounds pretty similar to your issue.
VW dsg 6 / 7 speed differences - daveyjp
Diesel has plenty of ticker torque and when you release the brake pedal the car will creep with no gas input.

The petrol may not be able to do this so needs to apply the clutch at a certain level of revs to prevent it stalling.