Bail runs out on Friday [Read only] - ChimpyChimp
Hi Everyone, I'm new to posting but a regular haunter of the forum and was after some advice.

Basically 2 months ago (on my birthday!) on my way home I was stopped in a queue of traffic waiting to filter from the left lane into the right, as the left changes to a bus lane, it's a notorious bottle neck.

A van comes up the inside of me on the chevrons and swings around my car so he's diagonally accross the front of me, he starts hurling abouse at me, calling me every name under the sun and then tells me to "pink fluffy dice pull over". {a regular haunter should know the policy on no swearing}

I'm an observant driver and I'd not seen the van at all on my way home, so I had no idea what i'd done.

I set off up the bus lane behind him to pull into one of the laybys when he jammed his brakes on and i must have been mm from the back of the van,he then drove off again and we ended up at some lights.

There's another large layby/bus stop just after the lighs so the lights changed and he set off slowly, I pulled into the layby and he slowed even more (without pulling into it) I drove to the end of the layby and he didn't enter it so I thought he might sort of box me in and pulled back out into the bus lane and stopped.

He proceeded to drive upto my car, and then push it using his van, a good few feet down the road.

once he'd stopped that I decided to get out and have a word with him, "what's your ** problem" etc, at which point he said I'd cut him up earlier on

in all honesty I have no idea how this happened, or where, but I pointed out that if I had that this wasn;t the thing to do, he then told me how wealthy he was, how many bars he had and how many doormen he had under his control, I mentioned a family connection of my own, he then made for his van again with the intention of ramming me again.

As soon as he got into the van I pulled his keys form the ignition and he snapped, he charged at me, took a swing at my face, just glancing my cheek and then pinned me over my car wrestling the keys back.

Fortunatley I noticed that my friend was stopped behind the van and was out of his car watching what was happening so I let him have the keys back.

At this point he went onto the back foot and got back in his van, I asked my friend if he saw him assaulting me, which he confirmed.

Now with him in his van I took a look at my bumper, cracked and paint chipped ( I didn't notice until later that a bolt had been pushed through on the passanger side) so I said to him "tell you what, you've damaged my bumper, how about I damage yours and we call it even" , "do what you like" he said,now I realise this was a bit daft, I went and got my steering lock and whacked his front bumper about 4 times, leaving no mark at all, *sigh* as it was a VW with a big unpainted plastic bumper.

I then told him what I thought of him once more, he said he was calling the police which I thought was a bluff, and told them to just come to mine as I only lived around the corner.

Once I got home I rang the police, they said they'd be over in a few days to see me, when that day came a car with 4 policemen in turned up along with a van, I was placed in the cage in the van and taken to the station, interviewed and arrested for a long and sundry list of charges.

Apart from the stupidity of me hitting his van with my steering lock, I was very annoyed at me being there.

He braked infront of me, he rammed me, he assaulted me, why was I arrested?

that was 2 months ago and my bail is up on friday, I'm just curious about what will happen next?

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 28/09/2009 at 18:54

Bail runs out on Friday - oldnotbold
You need a solicitor, quite frankly. This is not a legal forum, and while there's a motoring connection, your alleged offence won't be a motoring one.
Bail runs out on Friday - ChimpyChimp
Ahhh right, gah, it took me ages to type that in!
Bail runs out on Friday - cheddar
If that is all true and you have witnesses you should be OK though you need a solicitor, not the opinions of a bag of mixed car nuts.

Bail runs out on Friday - Pugugly
Chimp - you need a solicitor. Posting here will confuse it even more for you. E-mail me at my mod's address and I'll remove the post - which would be my advice. Your call. Thread locked.