Images of Backroomers. - the swiss tony
Whilst not directly motoring related I think this will be worthy of trying.....

Having read a few posts lately, I have changed my mental 'image' of some of the backroomers.
Im sure all of us, when reading posts have conjured up an image of the people behind the posts.

for instance, I had an image of Lud, as being an Old English Gentleman type, maybe a bit like Morse, or Rumpole.
Having read his post about the carnival now Im not so sure!

So.. what Im proposing ISNT an attempt to discover the real people behind the nicknames (I know many of us wish our real identity's to remain private) BUT more what images our postings bring to others - it will be fun to see how different people imagine others, and Im sure for the person reading about themselves it will be entertaining!

But... Please lets not use this as a slanging match!
Images of Backroomers. - Happy Blue!
I always get a shock when Pugugly gives us clues as to his age. His posts appear to emanate from a person with a younger mindset (although still full of wisdom though!).
Images of Backroomers. - Cliff Pope
Have you ever had the impression on a forum that one or two of the posters are actually different people, possibly work colleagues having fun, alternating like those stories on I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue ?
Not with the regulars. I can frequently tell who has posted without checking the name on top. Stuartli is a classic example (in a nice informative parental way...)!
Images of Backroomers. - Stuartli
>>..who has posted without checking the name on top>>

Photographs of me are becoming more and more popular to frighten naughty children into behaving themselves - or else.....:-)
Images of Backroomers. - Altea Ego
I picture Lud as Rumpole as well.
Big Bad Dave is Mickey Rourke.
Dynamic Dave I picture as Blakey from On the Busses.

Sorry mate.

I hate you butler.

Images of Backroomers. - Dynamic Dave
Dynamic Dave I picture as Blakey from On the Busses.

I'm far more miserable than him.
Images of Backroomers. - Pugugly
50 last June - suave debonair, devilshly handsome, blue eyes, all me own teeth and er...single.
Images of Backroomers. - ifithelps
PU wrote: ... and er...single....

I'm sure many of us have been wondering about the lady with the new MX5. :)
Images of Backroomers. - Lud
We know what you look like from the TV, Swiss...

:o}
Images of Backroomers. - stunorthants26
Having actually met gordonbennet I can confirm he is exactly as he appears on here, very decent chap too.
I still want to know more about the mysterious Mr X!
I still want to know more about the mysterious Mr X!

But then he wouldnt be would he. mysterious that is.
Images of Backroomers. - NowWheels
Maybe it would be easiest if we just linked to photos of ourselves.

My friends say that this is remarkably good photo of me: tinyurl.com/l8kzxk
But it's a very pretty bus NW...

But it's a very pretty bus NW...

Why, thank you sir ;-)

I did look for a photo of the back of a bus which had been crashed into from the rear, but that old green one was the only photo I found of the back of a bus which didn't have other distractions such as adverts or people standing beside it.
Images of Backroomers. - Citroënian {P}
We did have some photos on the old msn site but that closed and the replacement service seems to have evaporated.

I look something half way between chris tarrant and Michael schumacher. Too Many pies for schuey too young to host who wants to be a millionaire.

If anyone recalls Adam, he is a dead ringer for Stephen merchant.
Images of Backroomers. - Red Van Man
My friends say that this is remarkably good photo of me.

My girlfriend says the same of this pic, a remarkably good likeness of me!

tinyurl.com/r2lxne
My girlfriend says the same of this pic a remarkably good likeness of me!
tinyurl.com/r2lxne

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder ;-)
Images of Backroomers. - Martin Devon
>> My friends say that this is remarkably good photo of me.
My girlfriend says the same of this pic a remarkably good likeness of me!
tinyurl.com/r2lxne

I always choose rump before sirloin!
Yes but he wasnt mysterious in the same way far away galaxies are, more that one always hoped there was a less inflammatory human being behind the name although one had to wonder.
Im often guilty of winding people up, my wife says she would think something was wrong if my tongue wasnt firmly in cheek, but then I also do that alongside more serious issues and Im not afraid to give of my real life to my on screen persona.

Now I dont know if its true, but I have this image of B308 having an advanced driving license! Perhaps because they are quite often found at the moral end of driving discussions.
Images of Backroomers. - Alby Back
My wife says she likes to think of me as a cross between Pierce Brosnan and George Clooney. Can't see the resemblance myself but she says it helps...........

;-)
She said Martin Cloones Humph.
She said Martin Cloones Humph.

So you're both a bit lippy ;-)
So you're both a bit lippy ;-)

Pots and kettles spring to mind for some strange reason.........can't think why, must just be a random thought....

;-)
Pots and kettles spring to mind for some strange reason.........can't think why must just be
a random thought....

Haha, fair comment :)
My wife says she likes to think of me as a cross between Pierce Brosnan
and George Clooney. Can't see the resemblance myself but she says it helps...........
;-)

And how is her guide dog? still fit and well I hope?
Images of Backroomers. - helicopter
I have this image of bell boy as Old Man Steptoe.......

Polo Girl as Catherine Zeta Jones.....

Swiss Tony as well --Swiss Tony..

Now Wheels as Miss Marple......
Images of Backroomers. - madux
M'Lud = Patrick Moore
L'Escargot = Jools Holland's elder brother
Fotherington Thomas = a younger, shorter Art Garfunkel
HarleyMan - well he could only be a big, bearded bloke with tattos, innit?
Images of Backroomers. - Harleyman
HarleyMan - well he could only be a big bearded bloke with tattos innit?

Right on one count only; two if you include the gender! ;-)
Images of Backroomers. - L'escargot
L'Escargot = Jools Holland's elder brother

Cool! I'm flattered!

P.S. My mother's maiden name was Holland. Honest.

{moves to correct part of this discussion, ie, tagged onto Madux's post - time stamped 15:46, Mon 14th}

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 17/09/2009 at 14:12

Images of Backroomers. - ifithelps
...P.S. My mother's maiden name was Holland. Honest....

Mr Snail,

I hope your anonymity is secure because mother's maiden name is one of those bits of information routinely used as a security check by banks etc.

Images of Backroomers. - b308
Now I dont know if its true but I have this image of B308 having
an advanced driving license! Perhaps because they are quite often found at the moral end
of driving discussions.

>>

Nope I don't... its just that I feel the need to try and see the reason behind why things are done rather than just slagging something off... and quite often it does tend to lead to me thinking they have got a point... even if I then feel its the wrong way to do what they are trying to do... aaargh... get me off this subject....

Moving on.... :-)
Images of Backroomers. - J Bonington Jagworth
There was a group photo of nine of us (possibly eight, can't remember who took it) at the Ace Cafe in 2004, where we met the late lamented Growler (Graham) who was on a brief visit from Manila. The original link has expired, but I'm sure it's still around somewhere...
Images of Backroomers. - maz64
The original link has expired but I'm
sure it's still around somewhere...

honestjohn.multiply.com/photos/album/9/ACE_Cafe_Ba...4
Images of Backroomers. - RickyBoy
blimey! ... turn that shirt down.

For me you'll have to imagine an amalgam of Griff Rhys-Jones, Alan Titchmarsh and one half of the Chuckle Brothers all in the body of Usain Bolt!

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 14/09/2009 at 20:13

Images of Backroomers. - Nsar
I have seen Espada and lived to tell the tale. I might change my handle to Kobyashi.
Images of Backroomers. - Citroënian {P}
good find focus. There are photos on there of BR-ers.

For starters honestjohn.multiply.com/photos/album/1/People#phot...4
Images of Backroomers. - pda
This is before I look at the photos:)

Armitage Shanks...long face, grey hair but tall :)
Lud....rotund and cuddly with a heart:)
Gordon Bennet.......suave and sophisticated, almost a perfect gentleman.
Pugugly.....green leather one piece suit and a little trouble getting it zipped up due to overeating!
stunorthants..........short, slim and smiling ( usually)
Harleyman............down to earth, man of few words and salt of the earth.
Polo Girl......slim, tall elegant and trendy ( can you feel the envy?)!
Humphbackbridge...........sort of 'bridge shaped if he was lyingdown but definately blue eyes
Hector Broclebank..................a dark horse, but a lot of depth.

Oh how wrong can you be!

Pat
>>stunorthants..........short, slim and smiling ( usually)<<

Haha, well you got first one right! Second one I wish ( too much weigh training to be described as anything other than a small but sturdy outhouse type build ).
I try to avoid smiling - it means the neighbours leave me alone and let me get on with what I have to do :-) There is one across the road and he has been trying for week sto engage me in conversation, but everytime he says hello, I feel this overwhelming urge to check the phone isnt ringing...
Images of Backroomers. - gordonbennet
Oh how wrong can you be!

Well you got that sentence right anyway...;)
ps...hope the career diversion is shaping up well, do let us know.

Stu's too kind (above) and he must have been on something good to have conjured up that impression, acually he's a decent fellow himself.

I suppose we all have a mental image of folk here, some you imagine with a rare twinkle in their eye and a ready smile, some seem as miserable as sin...i bet we've got them all the wrong side up.
Images of Backroomers. - Armitage Shanks {p}
Armitage Shanks...long face, grey hair but tall :)
Pretty close pda! Longish face, hair is a short as a hangover from 40 years in or around the military and what there is is grey. I used to be 6ft but have lost some height due to wear and tear on the spinal discs. Also, as name might imply, I am white with a shiny complexion and my name tattooed on my back!
There was a group photo of nine of us (possibly eight can't remember who took
it) at the Ace Cafe in 2004 where we met the late lamented Growler (Graham)
who was on a brief visit from Manila. The original link has expired but I'm
sure it's still around somewhere...

I have it saved.
Whilst not directly motoring related I think this will be worthy of trying.....
Having read a few posts lately I have changed my mental 'image' of some of
the backroomers.
Im sure all of us when reading posts have conjured up an image of the
people behind the posts.

I so wanted to do this but couldn't get started on it. I hope this works and I haven't read down any further yet.

Martin.
and this should have been at the top
and so should the one above the one above or something like that!

More wine wife please............
Images of Backroomers. - Badwolf
What an excellent thread this is!

I'm afraid that the image I have of Pugugly is not at all complimentary. Brace yourself, PU - I cannot help thinking of Plug from The Bash Street Kids. (Dons steel helmet, ducks behind parapet). Really sorry! Mind you, Westpig doesn't come out of this any better. I kind of see Chief Wiggum whenever I read his posts.

Dynamic Dave puts me in mind of Frank Skinner. No idea why.
Lud is very definitely a Rumpole-esque figure. Either that, or Bertie Wooster once retired.
Stuartli reminds me a little of a retired geography teacher.

Right, that's probably five people mortally offended!

I dread to think of the image that I put across!

Edited by Badwolf {P} on 14/09/2009 at 21:18

Images of Backroomers. - Westpig
What an excellent thread this is!>> Mind you Westpig doesn't come out of this any better. I kind of see Chief Wiggum whenever I read his posts.

Funny you should say that...some of the lads at work thought likewise...and felt the need to mention it....I had to fast forward through several episodes to find out what he indeed looked like....(The Simpsons for those of you who don't watch it)

Edited by Westpig on 14/09/2009 at 21:25

"I kind of see Chief Wiggum whenever I read his posts."

But a bit brighter, I hope.. :-)
Images of Backroomers. - kerbed enthusiasm
It's an intriguing idea, all of this, but inherently wrong.

Publishing photographs would just ruin the mystique. I like the opportunity to imagine people from just their posts. That way, I can assign all sorts of images - let anonymity rule!
Images of Backroomers. - the swiss tony
It's an intriguing idea all of this but inherently wrong.
Publishing photographs would just ruin the mystique.

Thats more or less what I said in the OP.... 'So.. what Im proposing ISNT an attempt to discover the real people behind the nicknames (I know many of us wish our real identity's to remain private) BUT more what images our postings bring to others - it will be fun to see how different people imagine others, and Im sure for the person reading about themselves it will be entertaining!'

That said, Id love to know just how close/totally wrong I am!
Images of Backroomers. - Avant
It's interesting how the same names keep cropping up...

There must be a certain type of Backroomer of whom people form an image. I think on balance that I'm glad I'm not one such.
Oh I don't know Avant. I've got you down as a rather dapper sort of fellow, ever so slightly posh but not in an affected way. Nigel Havers-ish.....maybe slightly tweedier.

;-)
The last time we went off down this ramble I confessed that I simply can't picture Lud as anyone other than a slightly brighter than real life, possibly more bohemian Leslie Phillips. I got told off for it then and I expect to again but there it is, a mental picture which won't shift.....

Ding....Dong !

;-)
Images of Backroomers. - gordonbennet
more bohemian
Leslie Phillips.

I think there might be a helping of Dennis the Menace in the make up too Humph with the sharp satire as perfected by Ian Hislop, i can picture that elf like chuckle too, does Lud sport a stripey jumper i wonder..;)

Thats me in the firing line too.
I wish I could guess your age HBB. You fascinate me. Modern Tudor house iirc, but that doesn't sit quietly with me. There's something amiss, but of course it's all in my mind. That's why books and radio (Wireless) are better than the Idiots Gold Fish bowl!!

Martin......D.
Tsk... ding dong indeed.

For some reason HB (since you have chosen to repeat that caricature - frankly I prefer Bertie Wooster or even that lawyer fellow, but I couldn't afford Bertie's and don't like Rumpole's wardrobe) I think of you as having slightly wavy iron-grey hair and a tough-but-genial sort of Glasgow Italian style. Not sure if a tie but conventionally dressed and with of course impeccable shoes.
Not too wide of the mark Lud except it's Edinburgh don't y'know with an alleged smidgen of Spanish and some Norwegian to complete the mongrel effect back along. The hair and shoes are more or less on the money but now almost exclusively jeans or shorts and a casual shirt of some kind. Used to be suited and booted a squillion years ago but now only wear a tie at funerals and a kilt at weddings......
Rather shorter and fatter than Nigel H, I fear! - but I suppose a similar educational background. I was at prep school with his late wife's brother, Simon Williams, whom I meet occasionally - a charming man.

Humph, I imagine you as a genial, quite relaxed Scotsman.
Rab C for example ?

;-)
Images of Backroomers. - deepwith
This is like reading a book when you form a clear picture of the characters, only to discover that they miscast the film.

I rather see Lud as a dashing version of James Hunt, had James reached a similar esteemed age.

Think I better sleep on it, before I describe anyone else ;-)

Mmmm -New Proposition then - If HJ sold the film rights - who would be the stars to take on our roles :-

E.G. PU = Ricky Gervais.

Here's my images:

I think you've all got Lud wrong. My guess is that he is in fact partly foreign; at least one of his grandparents is a refugee from central Europe, and another is either African or Southj Asian. Their conflicting quests for assimilation has led Lud to contrive his own take on the charmingly eccentric neo-curmudgeonly Englishman ... and the only flaw is that he manages all three so well, leading to the suspicion that somewhere inside it all is anarchic imp.

Pugugly is clearly a very handsome late-middle-aged lawyer, whose world-weariness has hard-earned at the coalface of out-of-hours visits to assorted miscreants in police cells. His grey-flecked hair lends him gravitas to offset the good looks, which is why he can get away with wearing suits that are way too old -- but were expensive to start with.

Westpig looks like a rugby player. Less than 6 foot tall, big-framed but not fat. His major concern in life is to apply some restraint to the sarcasm which develops after too many years of hearing lame excuses from the public.

Avant is more difficult. His writing leads me to think that he's a fairly quiet, thoughtful-but-not-overly-intellectual professional ... but his forum name makes me think of the weirdly sloping tailgates that used to adorn Audi Avants (like this one: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Audi_100_C3_Avant_1983....g ). So despite knowing it's wrong, I can't shake off a mental image of him as having a very odd-shaped face, possibly with a forehead that's recessed like a ski-slope.

With a name like that, J Bonington Jagworth should be a chubby 60-year-old with a bushy moustache, mostly bald but with some wild silvery hair and scruffy tweed clothes. However, such people rarely seem to have much time for self-mockery, so my image of JBJ is quite the opposite: an unassuming, somewhat short, man wearing thick glasses with clunky black plastic rims.

Stunorthants26 is clearly misleading us with his talk of weightlifting. He's clearly pictured in my mind as being built like a racing cyclist: short and thin but quite strong, with an untrendy short-but-not-skinhead haircut because it's not too much hassle. For some reason, he has red hair.

Helicopter is about 7 feet tall, and thin as a rake. His drak black hair is an apparently untamed mop like a 1960s Californian surfer, and he looks permanently preoccuppied.

Altea Ego is barely over five foot tall, totally bald and wears big round wire-rimmed glasses like an owl. He has a very stern face most of the time, which he uses as a disguise for a thoroughly boyish sense of mischief, the latter being displayed at entirely unexpected times.

Espada looks like a near-perfect clone of Robert Winston. Thick black hair, and a very expressive lived-in face, with wildly gesticulating hands. Oh, and glasses on a string. (Yes, I've seen the photos which show him looking entirely unlike this, but they are obviously wrong )

That's all. Sorry if any of these cause any offence -- I don't for a moment expect that any of them is remotely accurate. I'm looking fwd to a few wildly unflattering caricatures of me ;)
Images of Backroomers. - Brian Tryzers
Those are very good, NW - but I'm distraught that there isn't one for me. I'd like to confound your "not a prole" comment of last week by appearing in a set of paint-spattered overalls but I couldn't find a pair of those peculiar light brown boots with no fasteners in any of the shoe shops round here.

If it's any help, I imagine you as the lady Masters student who sits on the captain's left in the University Challenge team, taking serious but ever-so-subtly flirtatious interest in the three earnest young men to her right, while occasionally catching Paxman's eye for one of his Young People Nowadays moments.
pretty close - my last suit was a Monsoon number in a light grey mohair mix about 18 months ago. Part of my exit strategy from the world of work was never to wear a tie again and I now own only two suits - in case of emergencies !! Went to a Governer's meeting on Friday in casuals - I was looked down upon somewhat !
You're pretty sharp NW. My mother wasn't English although she had a European name, a Scottish mother and a firm belief in Englishness as well as the Catholic faith. The other side is Bristol and Gloucestershire though, with only the hint - rumour really, but there's no smoke without fire - of a Spanish sailor somewhere in the dim and distant.

A Kenyan met casually in Nairobi once asked me where I was from. Not wanting to say that annoying thing 'I'm British, actually...' I said I was English. He looked me up and down and said: 'You're not English.' I guess I've never been quite pink enough to really pass a serious racial scrutiny by an expert. But even when I was young there were lots of swarthy little Welshmen and South Africans and so on, so I could blend in more or less.

Heh heh. Let it all hang out and so on, comrades...
Images of Backroomers. - Westpig
Here's my images:>> Westpig looks like a rugby player. Less than 6 foot tall big-framed but not fat. His major concern in life is to apply some restraint to the sarcasm which develops after too many years of hearing lame excuses from the public.

Blimey, that's remarkably accurate...other than the big frame, has sort of become, er, a bit too big. But judging by some of the other admissions on here, it would seem i'm not alone.

>>Stunorthants26 is clearly misleading us with his talk of weightlifting. He's clearly pictured in my mind as being built like a racing cyclist: short and thin but quite strong, with an untrendy short-but-not-skinhead haircut because it's not too much hassle. For some reason, he has red hair.<<

Haha, your accurate on the haircut although ive let it grow for the last 4 months and its now decidedly long and rakish according to the misses. Not red though! Brown but bleached blond streaks from working in the sun alot and getting a bit thinner than it used to be, and yes, I did grow it longer to see if I can still muster a full head of hair convincingly :-)
I have no idea how now_wheels ended up with an almera

I always pictured her as a hippy with flowers in her hair, a long crochet dress, and driving a split screen vw camper with flowers painted down the side.,
I have no idea how now_wheels ended up with an almera

It was an act of rebellion against my own stereotype ;-)
I always pictured her as a hippy with flowers in her hair a long crochet
dress and driving a split screen vw camper with flowers painted down the side.

Haha! I have done some of that, and sometimes go back there in summer. But these days I am more usually to be found in a pair of cheap jeans, cheap top, and a fleece jacket, and crocs.
oh no not Crocs - how disappointing.
oh no not Crocs - how disappointing.

It's the same logic as the Almera -- no style, but minimal hassle.
I secretly own a pair of cloth "man-Crocs" but only wear them abroad.
I think my Crocs are the same logic as the Almera -- no style at all, but minimal hassle.

Throughout this "summer" (rain all the time) I wore only two types of footwear: Crocs or wellies. I like my wellies, especially since I have found a lightweight but robust pair which fit me perfectly and don't get left behind in the mud.

I think I am regressing to childhood, since I seemed to spend most of my early years in wellies. I have even managed to find a proper shop in which to buy them -- one where they are stashed in a big dusty jumble amongst assorted bits of minor agricultural equipment and tweed flat caps for the boys.
NowWheels is the perfect illustration of that poem by Jenny Joseph which starts:

When I am old I shall wear purple
With a red hat which doesn't go, and doesn't suit me.
And I shall soend my pension on summer gloves
And satin sandals, and say we've no money for butter.....

and ends:

But maybe I ought to practise a little now?
So people who know me are not too shocked and surprised
When suddenly I am old, and start to wear purple.

A long time to go, of course!
Images of Backroomers. - Big Bad Dave
I think Avant is late 50s, thick grey receding hair, eyebrows much darker, large glasses and wears a white shirt with the top button undone
Images of Backroomers. - Big Bad Dave
Should probably add that those of us who leave emails in our profiles can be tracked down on facebook
I can't! Not on Facebook.
NowWheels is the perfect illustration of that poem by Jenny Joseph which starts:
When I am old I shall wear purple ...
and ends:
But maybe I ought to practise a little now?

Spot on! I was given a book of Jenny Joseph's poems over a decade ago, and immediately adopted the idea. I quote it whenever anyone comments on my particularly lurid tastes in Crocs.
A long time to go of course!

I wish! The years roll by faster than I thought they would.
Images of Backroomers. - helicopter
Now wheels said .......Helicopter is about 7 feet tall, and thin as a rake. His drak black hair is an apparently untamed mop like a 1960s Californian surfer, and he looks permanently preoccuppied......

The actuality is 6'1" and 16 stone ( most of it around the stomach) , rapidly greying hair in a number two cut like an ageing skinhead. Looking permanently preoccupied is correct... dealing with Middle East customers the cause....

NW's post does justify my image of her as Miss Marple, figuring out the facts of what backroomers are like from clues given in their posts and profiles.
"Espada looks like a near-perfect clone of Robert Winston. Thick black hair, and a very expressive lived-in face, with wildly gesticulating hands. Oh, and glasses on a string. (Yes, I've seen the photos which show him looking entirely unlike this, but they are obviously wrong )"

"There are some similarities between us".............say he as he hits his child on the nose with a wildly gesticulating hand. Regretfully the noble Lord is both older and has more hair than me.
Yeah, but I bet he'd be rubbish at valuing an office block in Salford !
;-)
Images of Backroomers. - Blue {P}
All my on-line stuff is done through a different e-mail to the one that I use on Facebook, therefore I should be difficult enough to track down although not impossible should someone really have that stalker's mentality!

I've had a good laugh reading through the descriptions on here, some of them are exactly how I pictured people as well, although I've got to admit, I always thought of Pug as sounding much younger than he probably actually is!

Was there another North West meet that I wasn't at? I remember making the journey down and meeting several of you guys, but am pretty sure we were sat near the window or something....
Yeah - with Robbie, Adam and Mike (Borasport). At a pub on the East Lancs Road and we watched in wonderment Robbies electric tailgate go up and down several times!
Images of Backroomers. - Blue {P}
Yes that's it! I remember that bit, and IIRC the infamous gold Focus was there, and I was driving my black TDCi Sport at the time, it's all coming back to me now!

I still think I win the "Furthest Distance Travelled" for a meet award! :-)
That's for sure.

Adam wasn't much more than around the corner, neither was Mike. It was a nice car that Focus.
Thank you, NowWheels (I think). My nom-de-blog is actually taken from Peter Simple's original 'Way of the world' column in the Telegraph, JBJ being a moustachioed petrol-head who drove a 'Boggs Super-Oaf' at alarming speed everywhere, loudly denouncing policemen, pedestrians and any motorists in inferior vehicles, wherever he went. I'm not quite that bad, but I think I had more sympathy for him than his creator intended.

As for appearance, if you must know, I'm the third from the left in the Ace Cafe pic, just to HJ's right. I look better than that usually, though.. :-)
third from the left in the Ace Cafe pic, just to HJ's right. I look better than that usually, though.. :-)

After another look at that photo, I know I'd never fit in. Far too scruffy.

If I'd known this was a website for world-class fops I'd never have got addicted to it.
Images of Backroomers. - theterranaut
Rattle: our Anthony from "The Royle Family".

tt
Images of Backroomers. - deepwith
Lud, they were all in their best bib and tucker to meet up with both HJ and their web acquaintances!
"best bib and tucker to meet up with HJ"

Exactly. If we'd known what HJ was going to turn up in, we'd have been a lot more relaxed...
Images of Backroomers. - TimOrridge
Lud is the only one that really intreagues me. I have this this vision of Lud resembling the late Willie Rushton. I read his posts in my head with Willie's great booming voice.