04 2.0 Loud Whine from engine on acceleration - Kaimal
Hi

I have a mazda 6 2.0 2004 model. Purchased it only 3months back. Its had multiple problems in the past but got them all fixed one by one.

Today the engine has started making a noise...its a loud whine from the engine everytime I accelarate. Even when the car is in neutral if i press the accelerator just a bit the engine makes a weird whine noise.

1. Any idea what could this be?
2 .How much it could cost to fix.
3. If you know a good garage around Halifax, W Yorkshire. to sort this issue out please do reply back. I am sending this car to Perrys Huddersfield tomorrow. But usually they are quite expensive.

This is my first car ever...purchased it only 3months back and already spent 800GBP or so on repairs. Its been such a disappointment :(

Please do reply back with your thoughts. Thanks a lot.

Cheers,
K
04 2.0 Loud Whine from engine on acceleration - madf
Sounds like: fanbelt.
04 2.0 Loud Whine from engine on acceleration - Peter D
Hard to tell without hearing it. It could be a Aux drive belt or a tensioner for the Aux or Timing belt. Regards Peter
04 2.0 Loud Whine from engine on acceleration - Kaimal
Hello !!

Thanks for replying back on my thread Peter/Madf. Much Appreciated.

I got the Perry's at huddersfield to have a look at my car today. They say the whine is from the Turbo, they said "something seems to wrong with the Bearings within the turbo". There is a company in Middlesex called Turbo Developments (turbodevelopments.co.uk). They had supplied the turbo that is currently installed on my car (supplied about 4 months back).

I will get in touch with them and see what can be done.

...now i know why people pay so much extra money and buy cars from main dealers, cars with valid warranty.

Please Do let me know:
1. if you have experienced similar problem in your car,
2. can the turbo bearings be repaired.
3. How much would this cost.

Will keep you posted.

Cheers
K

Edited by Kaimal on 14/09/2009 at 19:49

04 2.0 Loud Whine from engine on acceleration - Peter D
To eat a turbo at this age implies there is an oil/water feed problem. Regards Peter