Scrappage scheme problem - Andy S 45
Hello all,
I'm having a bit of a problem picking up my new Alfa.
We put an old Peugeot 106 in for scrapping about 12 weeks ago, got told everything approved a few weeks back and we went to collect new car yesterday.
Unfortunately it turns out our address on Peugeot logbook was slightly wrong (We didn't notice and why would you seeing the registration document came to our house) and Alfa dealer saying they can't release new car.
We spoke to DVLA and they first of all said not their problem because the Peugeot doesn't exist any more. But then they said send a V888 form requesting access to original paperwork sent in two years ago. I don't know how they input details sent in by post but whoever typed our address from registration document got post code wrong but anyway.
In my opinion it just seems really petty, everything else in place, finance etc.
Just wondered if anyone has had similar experience?
Cheers
Scrappage scheme problem - Chas{P}
Sorry to hear your story.

I know, for a fact, that DVLA vehicle records are riddled with errors from my time compiling vehicle population statistics from DVLA data. We spent a huge amount of time cleaning up records coming across Fiestas with 11 litre engines, etc, etc.

Moral of the story is that all owners of private vehicles to check their registration documents for accuracy rather than wait for a problem such as the one above.

Scrappage scheme problem - Harleyman
We were told by the dealer before completing the forms that everything had to be EXACTLY as it says on the log book of the car being scrapped, wrong or not.

Seems they deserve credit for pointing this out as it obviously causes problems.