Please help me choose! - Simon Smithson
I'm currently considering buying another car.

My original plan was to spend around 3-4 grand on something secondhand. The problem with this is that I just can't seem to find anything I like! My criteria are as follows:

Lowish insurance group - I can't really afford to go above group 7 insurance as it's well pricey round here.

Interesting to drive.

Toys - power steering, central locking etc.

Reasonably quick, 1.4-1.6 engine would be ideal.

I had settled on a Rover 216, but concerns about build quality are throwing a metaphorical spanner in those works.

However, if you can convince me that I am better of buying new then the same criteria apply. It strikes me that new car prices are dropping at such a rate that spending a few more quid may be a better choice, as secondhand cars are going to be worth nothing soon. What new cars do you recommend?

Please help, I'm tearing my hair out here!
Please help me choose! - Richard Hall
Peugeot 306 Turbo D. A friend had one and I was very impressed by it - great to drive, quick, handled well, all the toys and 55 mpg or better on a long run. And it's group 5 insurance. Don't buy one made in 1998 (the engines blow up) and look out for leaking radiator and heater matrix.

Richard Hall
bangernomics.tripod.com
Please help me choose! - Paul531
My 200 series Rover feel to bits.

What you want is a big Volvo with a small engine {for insurance purposes!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Please help me choose! - Paul531
Fell to bits {see above - feel}

FFS strikes again !!!!!!!
Paul {Forest of Bowland}