99 2.5 td cooling fans don't cut in - sarka1230
Hi when I start the car the cooling fans run and the car won't rev fully for 2-3 mins untill the fans cut out, then she revs normally , but the temp gauge only rises about 3/4 before she starts to over heat if i then disconect the coolant temp sensor the fans cut in and bring down temp but then have no gauge any ideas please, is it the coolant temp sensor? if so does any one have the part no as my local dealer says they don't have one listed! many thanks steve

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 08/09/2009 at 21:57

99 2.5 td cooling fans don't cut in - MerlinTec
Hi Steve
Don?t you just love them when they say that? Part number is 04863824 superseded to 04686192 and you can tell them it?s listed under camshaft and valves item 32. Are you loosing water not sure if the sensor is the fault but cheap to change. Sounds more like cracked head/ head gasket to me but I hope not.
Best of luck.
hi thaks allready found number got dirty looks when gave them it didnt seem to like the fact i had it , not loosing water no water in oil or oil in water no vapour from exhaust wierd thing is fans cutting in when starting from cold as soon as they cut out motor runs fine if bring fans in manually will run all day with out over heating thans for help though Steve
Hi new sensor fitted today ,every thing running as should, no fans on start up and come on low speed when gauge goes just over half way sat running 1-11/2 hrs no problems,now a lesser quiery it dosn't seem to have a cd multi changer fitted or am i not looking in correct places ? does any one know what players are compatable with chrysler head units or does it have to be a chrysler item?surely chrysler don't make there own they will be badged from a radio manufactorer any ideas steve