01 1.8 Wind noise whilst driving - willna79
hi, i have a y reg vectra and i would like help on a part, the rubber bits on the b pillar that seal the doors. when i am driving i can hear the wind whistling through the doors, after inspection i saw these seals were cracked, any idea of the name and possible price, should i go to vauxhall or fit a new one myself (i am a capable diy person) thanks for your help

Edited by Pugugly on 06/09/2009 at 20:52

01 1.8 hi i hear a wind noise whilst driving - BB
tiny.cc/4r1fg

If your a capable diy'er, it should be fine. Usually they are not bonded on, have you tried taking it off slightly?
01 1.8 hi i hear a wind noise whilst driving - willna79
yes it just pops off, have looked at the numbers underneath but nothing come up from google or a couple of vauxhall parts suppliers, have put some black tape on for now but would really like to replace them
just checked out the link, not this part, is a large hard plastic strip with a rubber trim on it, goes directly on to the b pillar with 3 clips (red) thanks for your help
01 1.8 hi i hear a wind noise whilst driving - BB
Ah, ok. Maybe contact the dealer for a part number.
Should be an easy job though.

Edited by BB on 06/09/2009 at 19:55

01 1.8 hi i hear a wind noise whilst driving - Pugugly
These were around a tenner new from a dealer - regular point of failure on the Vectra B. Don't be tempted to buy secon hand - not worth it. Piece of cake to fit.
thanks will pop in to one see if they have them in stock
got them, they had to order them in £30.28 for the pain inc vat, took 3 days for them to get so not bad really, thanks for all your help, Nathan