Altea Vs C3 Picasso..... Please Help - 1066
Altea 1.9 Pdi D 90HP S base spec

C3 picasso 1.6HDi VTR+ 90hp

I'm having real trouble trying to decide on which car to get.
Idon't like waiting so the altea can be had in 2 weeks and the citroen in 8 weeks.

The altea has Esp safety system but is base spec whereas the c3 is mid spec but no safety esp control.
The c3 picasso comes in horrible colours except all black.

The cost of either isnt a consideration as the cars are a present from my brother.

Altea Vs C3 Picasso..... Please Help - BB
I would advise a great big hug for your brother.......

I would personally go for the Altea. PD engine being the main reason.
i'm a little concerned that the old vag unit is past its best against todays common rail engines.

the cit is 125 g/km but the vag unit is 147g/km which is presume is also a measure of fuel usage.

i'll try and find the torque figures for both engines.
Altea Vs C3 Picasso..... Please Help - Pugugly
The PDI may be "yesterday" but a well engineered and reliable unit. Seat is well built as well.
pdi is 188ft/lb and citroen is 165ft/lb so that may make for less gear changes etc.

the cit is 46 urban and the seat is 40mpg urban so only a little difference.
i love the shape of the altea but it's all hard plastics inside.
Altea Vs C3 Picasso..... Please Help - BB
From all you comments above, it seems your heart may be set on the C3.

Its you who has to live with the car, not us :-)

To be completley honest, they are both good cars and if theres something you dont really like with the Altea, you will always be wishing you got the C3.

Im assuming that you have you driven both?

Altea Vs C3 Picasso..... Please Help - Bill Payer
>>Seat is well built as well.

We have a SEAT Ibiza and it is NOT well built. It rattles and has wind noise from many places, and I don't think a car which fails MOT on multiple points at 4yrs/34K miles can have made of suitably robust components.

Buying a SEAT could also bring you into contact with the awful customer "service" that SEAT UK offer.
Altea Vs C3 Picasso..... Please Help - I'm a Pane
Having owned a Toledo (the 'big bottomed' version of the Altea), and a number of Citroens in the past, I would go for the Seat every time. True the plastics are hard (but so are the C3s') but well made and nicely textured. Driving position is fantastic, although there are some blind spots (like most modern cars).
Probably the main decision to make is whether you prefer a sporty, firm ride; or a soft one. I understand the Citroen is typically french in this regard.
I bitterly regreted exchanging the Toledo for a Focus, and when finances allow another Toledo or an Altea will be my first choice.
Altea Vs C3 Picasso..... Please Help - Citroënian {P}
We've just swapped a C4 coupe for an Octavia TDi - I had a long hard look at that Altea, but didn't want a new car - love the shape and interior of the Altea, drives well too.

The C3 looks funky, but the Altea is a bigger car. Firmer ride and seats in the SEAT but I quite like that, maybe you prefer the cushiony citroen. Fwiw, the software programming in the citroen absolutely did my head in. Ask if the car has economy mode. If it has, you'll have to start the engine to open/close the windows if the car has been parked up. The radio will turn off after mins without the engine running. The interior lights will turn off after 30 seconds and won't turn on again until you close and re-open the doors. And have a look where you can open the car with a key should the remote fail. On the C4 it was passenger side, no lock on the driver's door....

Personal choice I'm sure you know what you'd like yourself - if it was me, I'd be going for the Altea :-)
Altea Vs C3 Picasso..... Please Help - Citroënian {P}
Another thought - Roomster out of the question ?
we looked at the berlingo and roomster and the kangoo but my wife has spine problems and after driving 9 different cars she is most comfortable in the seat and c3.

im still50/50 as i have a c4 grand picasso and she finds the ride gittery as it's high up and she gets moved around in her seat on our country lanes.

the c3 rides much better and the altea is firmer but it seems to agree with her condition.
we took unaccompaned drives over an hr in both cars and they are very comfortable in there own way.
the lack of esp on the picaasdo is a concern but i dont normally drive so close to the cars limits as to need it.
Altea Vs C3 Picasso..... Please Help - madf
My wife has hip problems. She found the c3 very comfortable on a test drive - even over potholes and speed humps.

Have not driven the Seat but I dislike VAG engines due to NVH.. (after an A4 I said never again.. very tiring in town and jams)

Edited by madf on 07/09/2009 at 09:01

the nvh on the seat was surprising as they are supposed to be well built etc.
i suppose it's because the design dates back to 2004 and the engine is a liitle old now, but by all reports very reliable.
Altea Vs C3 Picasso..... Please Help - perro
I'd pic the Picasso ... mainly for its superior ride quality, but I like the look of the critter as well.
i saw a c3 pic this morning in the bitter lemon colour and i really like it, certainly stands out from the crowd.
Altea Vs C3 Picasso..... Please Help - perro
Teutonic cars - like the Altea, tend to have a firm ride whereas Francomobiles have always been known for their smooth comfortable ride.
A firm ride will prove a winner on long journeys whereas smooth & comfy is ideally suited to more local and the occasional long stint in 1066 country ... I used 2 live in Saint Leo :)
I ordered the C3 Picasso this morning.
I was speaking to a woman on the school run this morning who has bone problems and the slightly softer ride and HJ's gushing praise finally won the day.
I've got them to find one in current stock so i can have it in 2 weeks.
Thanks for all the input.
Altea Vs C3 Picasso..... Please Help - NowWheels
I ordered the C3 Picasso this morning.

Good luck! I hope you'll be very happy with the choice, but please do let us know how it works out for you.
Altea Vs C3 Picasso..... Please Help - madf
Yes.. please let us know: my purchase is planned for 3 years' time when they are secondhand and half price.
we chose bitter lemon colour which looks awful in the brochure but great on the car and it will stand out of the crown so hopefully no side impacts on the roundabout.