06 1.2 Lack of maintenance - jsc
I'm considering buying the above car first registered July 2006. However, it has no maintenance shown on the service records other than an oil & filter change last month. It has covered 10,000 miles. Price asked is £5300. Should I be wary?
06 1.2 Lack of maintenance - piston power
Service interval is 12 months or 20k as this has done only 10k they probably thought why service it and if it was mine id do the same.

Does it look like 10k miles? no worn pedal rubbers? or steering wheel? should have same make tyres on etc.

If genuine and price fits then yes snap there hand off.
06 1.2 Lack of maintenance - mfarrow
Those 10,000 miles could contain a lot of short journeys. Lots on here about how bad that can be to the engine.

However, at a low mileage like this, it may not make very much of a difference; however it's overpriced if it has no service history and you'll get no 'goodwill' from Vauxhall if anything major breaks now you're outside the warranty period as the service schedule was ignored.

Service regime is always "whichever comes soonest", not "whichever you feel like adhering to".
06 1.2 Lack of maintenance - gordonbennet
Is this the engine that is supposed to have self undoing camshafts, leading to broken ones?

I don't think 'goodwill' was a feature of those threads.
06 1.2 Lack of maintenance - harib
I must admit I'd be wary of buying a car that hadn't been serviced for almost 3.5 years
06 1.2 Lack of maintenance - Simon
If it is a genuine 10,000 miles in three years from brand new then I wouldn't worry unduly about it. The oil won't have 'broken down' even with three years of short journeys, if my memory serves me correctly it is scheduled for something like 20,000 miles on the 1.2 engine. Other than that, there is very few other items that need much servicing in 10,000 miles anyway so little harm has been done.

If the price is right and there is nothing better on the market for the same money, buy it. I would!
06 1.2 Lack of maintenance - piston power
Was the first and only service done at vauxhall?

If so they will have the service mileage and any warranty work done too also with the mileage.

Ask yourself this question in these hard times would you pay vauxhall £155.00 approx just to do another oil change & poss fuel filter if you have only covered a few miles in that year?

Most will say no and leave it, there is no harm done and a good little car for you if the money is ok for you & you may be able to haggle on the service history? good luck.
06 1.2 Lack of maintenance - Grease_monkey
The previous owner 'may' have done his own maintenance on the car and never made a record of it??

Just a thought!!
06 1.2 Lack of maintenance - Victorbox
I think the last batch of Corsa C's were 20,000 miles or two years servicing, whichever comes first. You could look at it that this one is just over time-wise or well within limits mileage-wise! First service is really only an oil and filter change and check over anyway.