Finished the years DIY yet? bad weather `e come - oilrag
Well, I`ve serviced both of ours on the drive earlier this month. Done the door lock, oil leak and EGR.
Hopefully that`s it and they will be OK now until a warm day in March/April for the next oil changes.

How about you?
Finished the years DIY yet? bad weather `e come - alfatrike
i washed the car on saturday, i'd forgotten it's red. i'll find a space in the workshop and do oil and antifroz. rear springs and shock absorbers feel like they need renewing. i'm wondering if it's worth it.
Finished the years DIY yet? bad weather `e come - gordonbennet
Yes all done and ready for the worst, old MB shouldn't need looking at till MOT and service in March (ish).

Pick up had it's second service at the dealer at the weekend, so my wallet's lighter, but not by much considering the second is a fairly biggie, so that too is all set.
They didn't bat an eyelid at the Fumoto by the way.

Both are fully waxoyled etc, all that needs to be done is to fit the winter set of tyres/wheels to both probably late November.

Fingers and all crossed..;)
Finished the years DIY yet? bad weather `e come - alfatrike
with pickup service did you check they had greased your nipples? on the prop shaft i mean.
Finished the years DIY yet? bad weather `e come - oilrag
I think everything was greased except the nipples with mine...
Finished the years DIY yet? bad weather `e come - BobbyG
Car will be serviced whenever its service is due.

Em... thats about it? Unless you include putting last year's can of de-icer back in the car to roll about for a few months?

Maybe I should renew it though.... haven't had the lid off it for a few months.... might be seized up!!

Only joking, each to their own!
Finished the years DIY yet? bad weather `e come - martint123
Back end sorted.
Pair of new rear callipers (bankrupt stock, cheaper than a seal/bellows kit).
New rear bushes, 20 of the damn things (bargain from ebay, surplus stock/discoloured)
Wishbones, underbody and pipes - good blast with waxoil
Oil, filter, brake fluid, water/antifreeze, power steering fluid, diff oil.
Bit of rust on rear arches sorted (yes, you can still get celly paint from ebay).
Clean. polish and nice coat of wax for the winter.
Finished the years DIY yet? bad weather `e come - Rattle
Not done anything been too busy with work. But I have fixed a very annoying rattle, the drivers window kept ratteling at idle when it was wound up. I just retightened all the screws on the door card and now its gone.

I did also give my car a bit of a wash yesterday.

When I get a day off I will replace my dads cracked number plates and change his air filter.

Its been pouring down of rain all afternoon here and I have been too busy with work to get things done.

Finished the years DIY yet? bad weather `e come - gordonbennet
on the prop shaft
i mean.

Yes, prop greased...well at least the nipples were cleaned off, and the rear axle filler/drain bolts had been undone so the diff oil was presumably changed as per schedule, i didn't really need to look but i said i would and it's confirmed.

I think my local Toyo dealer is doing something right, i often deliver theirs and other localish dealer's car, and my dealers quantities are well in excess of some others...good luck to 'em they seem to have the right idea, and they charge reasonably to boot, can't fault them.
Finished the years DIY yet? bad weather `e come - honeybear
Waiting for a dry day to do anything since mid July!
Finished the years DIY yet? bad weather `e come - daveyjp
After 2 months ownership I finally got round to doing the job I normally do as soon as I get a new car - apply liberal quantities of Rainex - I'd ran out and kept forgetting to buy more.

It was after rain last week that I realised how bad it was to see through windows without it applied - the door mirrors also held the water so I was having to wipe them before driving off.

Washed, polished and then applied Rainex - it rained about an hour after finishing the job so the work wasn't in vain.

I did notice they now do Rainex cleaner and water repellant which was less money, but got me twice as much, they also do Rainex wipes. I decided the cleaner was probably like pre diluted screen wash so bought the original product.

What a difference.

Edited by daveyjp on 01/09/2009 at 12:51