What unusual car did i see? - gordonbennet
Was passed by a most unusual small car today, it had a very curved bonnet and boot lid both of which were corrugated, not sure how many corrugations on the bonnet but the bootlid had 3 i think.

The rear window was reverse sloping like a Ford Anglia, the car appeared smallish, it seemed to be a sort of updated 2CV.

It was in black, seemed quite new and as best i could read the badge on the boot it was called a WILL V1..i think.

Any ideas what this was, i hadn't been on the shandy by the way.

Edited by gordonbennet on 27/08/2009 at 22:11

What unusual car did i see? - alfatrike
kitcar?
What unusual car did i see? - Harmattan
Yaris-based Toyota Will available on the Japanese market but importable. The full length rollback roof version is nicest IMO.
What unusual car did i see? - Avant
So chronically ugly as to be trendy in Japan I presume. I saw one a few months ago but put WILL VI into Google and found a picture.

Why it's called WILL VI I have no idea. One up on Prince William perhaps, who will be, God willing, William V.
What unusual car did i see? - alfatrike
one of these?

tinyurl.com/m8yxcx

looks interesting.
What unusual car did i see? - Alby Back
I quite like it. They should do an estate.......

;-)
What unusual car did i see? - gordonbennet
Thats the very one, thanks chaps, during my doube take i didn't notice the corrugated sides too.

It's er different and i can't see swmbo pestering me for one...in fact She has just pronounced it hideous....;)
What unusual car did i see? - Sofa Spud
I've seen one of those and I thought it was just about the ugliest car I'd ever seen.

Why just get the back wrong like Renault did with the Megane, when you can go the whole hog and get the entire car wrong? !!!!!!

Edited by Sofa Spud on 27/08/2009 at 22:52

What unusual car did i see? - Avant
Maybe it's just my imagination but I see an echo of the 1930 Burney streamlined car - also made by Crossley. Google it if you're too young to know what I'm talking about!