Comedians Car - helicopter
'New Tricks' last night showed a successful stereotype of a 60's comedian ( Bernard Manning type ) in the present day leaving his huge detached house with his golf clubs .

He then proceeded to put them in the boot of a ....??? Not what I would expect such a person to drive

Clue - it was not a Rolls Royce or Jaguar....

...... A bit of Friday fun- take a guess ...

Comedians Car - Bill Payer
When I first saw it I thought it was going to get smashed up just to wind up the owners club (again). :)
It was too nice a colour to smash up - It was that Babypoo brown....
Comedians Car - bathtub tom
I quite fancied the1.8TC, very quick off the mark.
I quite fancied the1.8TC very quick off the mark.

The Police in Liverpool had loads them and got shut after 6mths as they were dangerous to drive at any speed.
It just didn't ring true with me that anyone would take a Marina in the Golf Club car park never mind one that colour.

The subtlety of these things is usually lost on me but I assumed the point was that the guy lived in Spain now and the car was another way of tying him (in the viewers mind) back to the 80's.
Comedians Car - Alby Back
I used to go to the Isle of Man on business some years ago. I would hire a car at Ronaldsway and bowl around the island for a couple of days. Usually they were Metros. Mmmm nice ( not ). But, as you do, I would always have a hurl round the TT circuit in whatever I had hired. One time the only thing they had was a Marina or maybe it was an Ital estate. Nearly disgraced myself a few times trying to hustle that bag of spanners to any respectable velocity. Frighteningly bad handling even by the standards of the day. I reckon it was only my courtesy to the fairies which saved my neck. ( the bridge fairies ! )..........