Is i10 really new? - apple
Maybe an expert in cars or Hyundai cars can help me with this question. My dealer told me that Hyundai is replacing Getz with i10. From a mechanical point of view is i10 a really new? Is it just a new exterior?
Is i10 really new? - jase1
Any new model will share at least some components with the outgoing one.

It's my understanding that the i10 is an evolution of the Getz. Much of the old car is carried over.
Is i10 really new? - moonshine {P}

I thought the i10 was a replacement for the Amica and the i20 was the replacement for the getz?

HJ says the engine is new - "the all-new alloy block, chain-cam 1.2 Kappa engine"

I guess its as 'new' as any other 'new' car?
You are right. Found this ite. That shows how much the dealer knows about their own cars!
www.buyyourcar.co.uk/car-reviews/hyundai/i10.aspx

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 21/08/2009 at 02:09

Is i10 really new? - jase1
No it's not.

The i10 is developed from the Getz chassis. The Amica is still in production.

The i20's lineage goes back to the Accent.

I'm surprised they are still making the Amica, who on earth would buy one when the i10 is available?

As to what replaces what, maybe a more correct answer is - the i10 chassis is based on the Getz and the i10 replaces the Amica in the model range?
Is i10 really new? - rtj70
The Amica is probably available in some markets... not the UK though.
The i10 is developed from the Getz chassis. The Amica is still in production.

Hi, Where did you get the info from?

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 27/08/2009 at 01:29

Is i10 really new? - Avant
Does it matter very much?

Any new product owes something to its predecessor. Hyundais major on practicality, reliability and value for money, so radical change is going to be made only where really necessary.
I am thinking of the cost of servicing and parts. I was told the maintenance is high but no owner have experienced it yet as the i10 is still new. In theory, it shouldnt cost any more if the parts are same as previous model.

SQ

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 27/08/2009 at 13:56

Your dealer should be able to quote servicing costs, in the first few years you shouldnt need much other than fixed price servicing and any else should be under warrenty. Our dealer did quote servicing costs but I cant remember the exact figures.