Any experience of a Hyundai Sonata - Auristocrat
Browsing the web tonight, and I've come across a new Sonata at a good discount
Anyone any experience of these?
Any experience of a Hyundai Sonata - stunorthants26
Yes, average to drive, diesel is economical, its very spacious,not a special car but if its cheap, its owrth a look as its not bad in any area, its just no Mondeo. I travelled in the back of one on a 2 hour journey and it was very comfy.
Any experience of a Hyundai Sonata - davecuk
I have the 2.0 CRTD (turbo diesel( model). It's OK to drive, very quiet, leather as standard, reversing and front parking sensors would have been nice, but a nicely specced car with 17 inch allows and alloy (not steel spare).

They are meant to be reliable, but I think are mid price for servicing (not cheap, not expensive). I think some parts can be pricey...but luckily fairly reliable and 5 year warranty. The diesel has a DPF, but I'm not hearing any horror stories about that.

Engine is nice....it's a large car (size of an e class Mercedes), but roomier inside, in fact, it's huge inside.. Surprising amount of hustle from the engine for such a heavy car, no shortage of torque or power when needed! Turbo lag is minimal.

I purchased mine not really through choice, but because I simply could not find anything cheaper that was as good. I paid £13,580 for a Black (not my ideal choice of colour), brand new, unregistered 2.0CRTD Sonata, with full 5 year warranty. I got this price from a main dealer. So it gives you some reference on how good a deal you are getting.....I thought mine was good, but your probably going to tell me you got it even cheaper :-(

After owning it for a few months now, I definitely don't regret buying it.
Any experience of a Hyundai Sonata - jase1
The large petrol engines in these are lightly modified Mitsubishi units and are basically indestructible (well proven in the field, as they sell in large quantities in North America and Australia). The diesels, probably about average as they are based on VM designs.

Parts will be expensive, but you won't need them often. The car is as well built as anything Japanese for similar money, although it doesn't have quite the level of finish (so perceived quality isn't quite there).

They will run to 2-300K miles if looked after -- but then of course no-one does because of the image/resale value.
Any experience of a Hyundai Sonata - LikedDrivingOnce
For the same money(or slightly less) as the Hyundai, you could get a Kia Magentis.

Same high specification, lower insurance group, slightly better MPG, and slightly better 0-60 figures.

IIRC, the warranty is longer too (7 years on most Kia cars)
Any experience of a Hyundai Sonata - stunorthants26
You are wrong on the warranty - its only 3 years UL for the Magentis.
Any experience of a Hyundai Sonata - LikedDrivingOnce
Thank You for pointing this out. I wouldn't want to mislead the OP. More signs of my approaching senility, I suspect. :-(