ford ka owners & tyre experts - whathaveidone!
Hello

What tyres to avoid and what tyres recommended ( branded ie goodyear uniroyal)

Considering Uniroyal Rainexpert and Kleber Viaxer or Continetal Eco Contact 3

Tyre size 165/65/13 .

Need a tyre that will be available in 2/3 yers time and easily supplied in case of sidewall
puncture / damage .

Edited by whathaveidone! on 09/08/2009 at 23:29

ford ka owners & tyre experts - Talking Hoarse
I have used the Kleber & Continentals on my old Clio - albeit in 14". Continentals were very good, gave good feel, good grip and even wet grip was excellent down at 2mm tread. Replaced by Klebers that were much cheaper (at ATS at least) that lack a little of the feel and maybe ultimately the dry grip, but do hang on well and predictably both wet & dry. The fresher Klebers seem better too on dirty /greasy /muddy roads. Neither seemed noisier than another to me.
I chose the Klebers (for both my cars) as they work very well & are samish or cheaper price (from nice chaps at ATS) as Michelins from Costco.
I would buy either again but have no recent experience of Uniroyals.
ford ka owners & tyre experts - Talking Hoarse
Additional comment ..
Sorry - forgot to say that I think punctured Klebers are repaired free of charge - at least by ATS. However (touch wood) punctures are rare.......
ford ka owners & tyre experts - jc2
The firm I used to work for carried out testing on all makes of tyres;Uniroyals-whilst not outstanding on any requirement-were by far the best all-round tyre.
Hello jc2

Would you fit them on your car ?

Asked one independent for a price he said ''they are not as good as

Bridgestone b250 which are £5 more per tyre.'' Described as mid range

and directional * what to do for spare tyre? *

Thats one for Klebers and one for Uniroyals ,

Thankyou.
Hello Talking Hoarse

Thankyou for a comprehensive and informative post !

Will fone ATS for prices & offers

Thankyou
ford ka owners & tyre experts - Alby Back
My wife's Ka came with Klebers as original equipment. They have been absolutely fine. They lasted 25k on the front and those two were replaced with Nexens about a thousand miles ago. They seem fine too. £38 a pop fitted at my local indy so that was painless enough. The Klebers on the back are still measuring 4mm of tread and appear to be in good condition.
ford ka owners & tyre experts - daveyjp
Our low use aygo has conti Eco 3s, if we get 15000 out of the fronts I'll be amazed. Vredestein always get good reports and are sensible prices.