03 1.4 TDCi - Vibrations while braking - Charybdis
There are two issues that maybe related here.
Firstly, since I've had the car there has been a noise every time I apply the brakes which sounds like the pads are slapping against the disks. A ford engineer told me that it is because the pads aren't original ford parts and that everything should be fine and the noise would have no consequence. Is this correct?
The other issue is also to do with the brakes. Over the past few months I've began to feel some kind of feedback through the brake pedal that has gradually gotten worse to the point where I can feel the steering wheel vibrating when the brakes are applied. The pads are barely worn and the disks don't seem to be warped. I have recently noticed whilst painting the drums on the back that neither of them spin freely with the handbrake off, spinning most of the way around but sticking on the same point each time, which makes me think they might be warped. But I'm sure the issue is with the front brakes. Also, the brake fluid is overdue a change but I can't see how that would have this effect. Does anyone have any ideas as to what's causing it?

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 07/08/2009 at 01:07

03 1.4 TDCi - Vibrations while braking - piston power
Take this to a well known fast fit place for a free brake check that way they can measure the brake disc thickness & advise you on the correct course of action required.

Of course you don't have to get the work done but you will know the problem.

Id suspect worn discs what is the mileage?

As for the rear brakes if damp they do grab but maybe sticking wheel cylinder or over adjusted shoes.
03 1.4 TDCi - Vibrations while braking - jc2
Sounds like oval rear drums!!Do you mean a FORD engineer or a fitter at your local dealer???