JVC CD/Radio (KD-G311) Codes Query - zookeeper
hi room, i have a JVC cd player/ radio ( model KD-G311) fitted to my motor, i would be grateful for any help regarding the removal of the battery having any effect on the unit? i have the instruction manual for the equipment and there is no mention of any code input, i cant find any info on the net regarding installation....will i lose the use of the radio if i disconnect the battery...thanks , zoo

Edited by rtj70 on 06/08/2009 at 19:20

JVC CD/Radio (KD-G311) Codes Query - Stuartli
The only mention in the manual (a link just in case you ever need to replace it) at:

www.jvcmobile.co.uk/documents/manuals/KD-G311.pdf

is How to Reset the Unit on Page 2.

Edited by Stuartli on 06/08/2009 at 19:26

thanks stuartli
Just a thought. Did you fit the JVC yourself? If so, did you need to enter a code?
JVC CD/Radio (KD-G311) Codes Query - bell boy
according to the spec sheet posted up it needs NO code
most units like this are plug and play
the spec looks good for it by the way
wonder if it sounds good as i always found jvc stuff a bit tinny in the sound
Now I think about it the manual mentioned the front panel is removable, so this would act as a security measure.
yes stuartli
unfortunately people put them under the drivers seat though
JVC CD/Radio (KD-G311) Codes Query - Devolution
I've had two jvc units and no codes for either.

The only thing is you will lose any radio stations, settings back to factory setup, but no great shakes. Once you reconnect the battery, it is advisable to operate the reset button.
sorry for delay, the unit was fitted when i bought the car and it is the "face off" type there was no code with the booklet , the reason i ask its been reccomended to disconnect the battery terminals to reset the ecu to improve running, thats why i ask...does resetting the car computor really make any difference? it will only relearn what it had stored before..or am i wrong
depends on the car whether battery off clears old codes,most modern stuff it will create more problems than clear
if its running iffy why not have it looked at as surely there is a fault?
JVC CD/Radio (KD-G311) Codes Query - rtj70
I made this thread more generic by removing the car make/model because the question was about a stereo. Now it's not.

Perhaps zookeeper can repost model and year details?
car is daewoo lanos 1.4 1998 , does that hewlp?
yes it does
they have ecu problems that cause owners to scrap the cars because the faults cant be cured
your idea of battery off does cure these problems for a while but the faults come back
im not joking
i first came across the doowoo problem a few years ago when a minter appeared in my local breaker with instructions it was never to go back on the road,this was obviously before the scrappage scandal and the sex pistols taking over the world