01 2.2 HDI Particulate Filters (FAP) - Leini
Hi,

I know this topis has been covered often before but i can't find an answer to this question:

Is the Particulate (FAP) Filter the same in the 2.2 (136) HDi & 2.0 (110) HDi?

The reason i ask is that i have a 2.2 (2001 '51' plate) with 140k miles that has just started showing the dreaded dash warning "clean particulate filter - urgent" for which my local Peugeot dealers more or less want me to re-mortgage the house! I've read here and on other forums that the filter can very easily be cleaned (but dealers don't like to offer this). To make life easier i'm looking to buy a replacement (used) filter from either eBay or one of the part-finder services, then get that cleaned up and ready, do a simple swap, then (if it's still in reasonable condition) clean up and sell mine to recoup some of my costs. All in all, this makes it a far easier job to do over a couple of evenings after work!

Anyway, the one i've been offered is from a 2.0 (110) HDi and is very reasonable - hence, if it fits, then its a great buy.

Finally, once i've done this, is there any way to reset the "Gas oil additive - low fluid" warning and the "clean particulate filter - urgent" warning without the use of a main dealer's computer? Eloys fluid was refilled but warning not reset (last owner took it to a local garage - have receipt confirming fluid filled and noting unable to reset wanrings due to no compatible computer system).

Thanks in advance.
01 2.2 HDI Particulate Filters (FAP) - steve_earwig
Looks like that's a no on both counts, sorry. There're early and late FAPs for the 2.2 but only one for the 2.0 (a rare beast, thankfully) and it's got a different code. AFAIK to reset the Elois (sic) system you need Peugeot Planet 2000, which seems to be almost exclusively dealer-only due to it being obscenely expensive.
01 2.2 HDI Particulate Filters (FAP) - injection doc
whether right or wrong I have removed DPMF's & steam cleaned them backwards & never had a problem. You will need to find some one with diagnostic equipment to reset the fluid adaption. They may even be able to do a regen before it gets too blocked.
Try a good spank, 20-25 mins & 2-3000 rpm continuous a good long climb on a dual carrige way can work well. Its just to get the heat into it to burn of the particals
01 2.2 HDI Particulate Filters (FAP) - dieselnut
I had a Citroen C5 with the same engine & particle filter.
Here is a link to a post of mine from a few years ago explaining how to clean the filter.
www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?v=e&t=39...5
It should be a similar layout on the Peugeot, took me about 3 hours in all without rushing.
The Eolys pump keeps pumping the fluid even with the 'low fluid ' warning.
Mine was still ok a year later & still showing the warning. Just keep the Eolys container topped up with the expensive special fluid.
Hope this helps.