01 2.0 diesel - loss of power - quinncabs
can anyone shed some light on my 51 reg vectra problems please, i started car after a problem free day and car lossed all power, engine management light came on and would not rev over 3000rpm i took it to a garage who put it on code reader and the following faults came up 1)swirl chamber low ? dont know what that is.2)glow plugs low vaultage.3)critical engine failure code p400/2 in garage book p400 code is egr valve so i checked all pipe work (no splits) so bought a second hand one which i was guaranteed to work. still no joy but now when light goes off it will rev to 5000rpm but still has no power.when i rev to 5000 rpm there is absolutely no smoke comming out which it did when it was working fine could my cat be knackered or blocked,please help as its driving me daft now (very slowly) thanks

Edited by Webmaster on 02/08/2009 at 14:01

51 2.0 loss of power - topbloke
these are very prone to splits in the small vac pipes you need to check very carefully all the pipes from the pump (end of camshaft) to the turbo ,to the swirl unit, and the heating system make sure that you have the correct amount of oil in the engine if there is not enough oil in the engine the pump dont work, if you can lay your hands on a vacumn gauge it will take the guess work out of it, should read about -0.7 bar /-1.0 bar,at the pump, regards TB
51 2.0 loss of power - quinncabs
cheers m8 cars been in the garage today fault reader said glow plug relay open circuit so changed it now it runs fine thanks for replying regards qc
51 2.0 loss of power - topbloke
i wll be surprised if thats the fault (sorry), most of these diesels come in with a glow plug general error (as its a direct injection the glow plugs are rarely needed, they dont even start to work unless the temp is -5 degrees) but it wont limit it to 3000rpm, but time will tell, Regards TB